EO Video problem - on conversion, ActiveVideo Window pops ..

Traveller

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video,rec.video.desktop,uk.rec.video.digital (More info?)

This is a new install of EO Video after an OS wipe/reinstall. EO
Video is displaying behaviour it never has before. On most AVI files
that I'm trying to convert to VCD, instead of starting the conversion
process, the convert Start button opens up the movie in an
"ActiveVideo Window" and after a few seconds the conversion is
automatically aborted. I've looked everywhere in the help file and
did a search in google but nothing has come up dealing with this
issue.

Has anyone had this happent to them and then they fixed it?

EO Video is the converter I use the most as TMPGEnc can't always deal
with all file conversions and/or half the ones it can, they come out
with no sound whatsoever.

Whenever that happens, I use EO Video. But now I'm stuck as it, too,
isn't working most of the time because of this active video window
problem.

Thanks for any help.

Traveller

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video,rec.video.desktop,uk.rec.video.digital (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:11:27 -0500, Traveller
<Jamboree@SpamMailNo.com> wrote:

>This is a new install of EO Video after an OS wipe/reinstall. EO
>Video is displaying behaviour it never has before. On most AVI files
>that I'm trying to convert to VCD, instead of starting the conversion
>process, the convert Start button opens up the movie in an
>"ActiveVideo Window" and after a few seconds the conversion is
>automatically aborted. I've looked everywhere in the help file and
>did a search in google but nothing has come up dealing with this
>issue.
>
>Has anyone had this happent to them and then they fixed it?
>
>EO Video is the converter I use the most as TMPGEnc can't always deal
>with all file conversions and/or half the ones it can, they come out
>with no sound whatsoever.
>
>Whenever that happens, I use EO Video. But now I'm stuck as it, too,
>isn't working most of the time because of this active video window
>problem.
>
>Thanks for any help.

Well, it still keeps happening periodically. Fortunately, if I keep
at it, changes settings and then try, it has happened that every once
in a while this window _doesn't_ pop up and it starts to re-encode.
However, I have to make sure I nab it that time around because if I
don't, the next time, the window pops up again. Strange behaviour.

Fortunately for me, I seem to have a solution for the TMPGEnc problem,
so hopefully using EO Video is just for emergencies with the odd file
now and then.

Cheers!