wronge user name or password

thanks for all your help
I get connected to remote XP SP2, the logon and password comes up and any
user name or password I use it tells me it is wrong password and chk the
username,
I only have one user name is the remote PC. which shows up as "user1" and
has a password, the USer1 is the Administrator of this pc,
I have tried USER1 with its password and Administrator with User1's
password, and even blank password.
When I go to USer Accounts in Control Panel I see the User1 and guest
account which is disabled.
any help?
thanks again
Freddie

melvin

Check the following on the target machine:

1. Right-click My Computer & choose Properties to bring up System
Properties.
2. Click the Remote Tab
3. Verify that Remote Desktop connections are allowed (place a tick in the
box if necessary)
4. Click the "Select Remote Users..." button and make sure your user is
actually permitted to do a remote connect. (Add the user or make sure it is
one of the privileged ones).
5. Note that passwords *must* be specified for any user who will login
remotely. No password = not permitted.

Good luck.