Remote Assistance email issue

March 27, 2005 11:09:02 AM

I know xp better than my mom who just got a new pc and want to do Remote
Assistance to show her how to work her basics but I am not familiar with
this. When she sends an email to invite it tries to save as a file or says
that this email cannot be sent. Can anyone help us just get started? Thank you
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 3:45:10 PM

Kacie wrote:
> I know xp better than my mom who just got a new pc and want to do
> Remote Assistance to show her how to work her basics but I am not
> familiar with this. When she sends an email to invite it tries to
> save as a file or says that this email cannot be sent. Can anyone
> help us just get started? Thank you

What email client is she using and is it setup?
By default, Windows will choose to send by Outlook Express - and Outlook
Express must be setup with the proper ISP information to do this. If she
has Microsoft Office installed, the default changes (normally) to Outlook -
same thing.

If she saves it as a file first - then she can send it via whatever email
client she uses. Compose an email to you, attach the file, send.

--
<- Shenan ->
March 27, 2005 3:45:11 PM

She has MSN mail and I have outlook, hers is not setup, but I am waiting for
her to call tech support at MSN to give her the info. She is on DSL and I am
on a cable modem. We used gotomypc, too expensive, but worked really easy.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Kacie wrote:
> > I know xp better than my mom who just got a new pc and want to do
> > Remote Assistance to show her how to work her basics but I am not
> > familiar with this. When she sends an email to invite it tries to
> > save as a file or says that this email cannot be sent. Can anyone
> > help us just get started? Thank you
>
> What email client is she using and is it setup?
> By default, Windows will choose to send by Outlook Express - and Outlook
> Express must be setup with the proper ISP information to do this. If she
> has Microsoft Office installed, the default changes (normally) to Outlook -
> same thing.
>
> If she saves it as a file first - then she can send it via whatever email
> client she uses. Compose an email to you, attach the file, send.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

March 27, 2005 4:36:39 PM

Kacie wrote:
> She has MSN mail and I have outlook, hers is not setup, but I am
> waiting for her to call tech support at MSN to give her the info. She
> is on DSL and I am on a cable modem. We used gotomypc, too expensive,
> but worked really easy.

UltraVNC is a good remote desktop alternative - free.

This one is like GoToMyPC, but free:
http://www.mywebexpc.com/index.php

This web page used to tell one how to setup Outlook Express to check your
MSN email:
http://supportservices.msn.com/us/oeconfig

--
<- Shenan ->