Remote Assistance email issue

I know xp better than my mom who just got a new pc and want to do Remote
Assistance to show her how to work her basics but I am not familiar with
this. When she sends an email to invite it tries to save as a file or says
that this email cannot be sent. Can anyone help us just get started? Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance email issue

    Kacie wrote:
    > I know xp better than my mom who just got a new pc and want to do
    > Remote Assistance to show her how to work her basics but I am not
    > familiar with this. When she sends an email to invite it tries to
    > save as a file or says that this email cannot be sent. Can anyone
    > help us just get started? Thank you

    What email client is she using and is it setup?
    By default, Windows will choose to send by Outlook Express - and Outlook
    Express must be setup with the proper ISP information to do this. If she
    has Microsoft Office installed, the default changes (normally) to Outlook -
    same thing.

    If she saves it as a file first - then she can send it via whatever email
    client she uses. Compose an email to you, attach the file, send.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    She has MSN mail and I have outlook, hers is not setup, but I am waiting for
    her to call tech support at MSN to give her the info. She is on DSL and I am
    on a cable modem. We used gotomypc, too expensive, but worked really easy.

    Kacie wrote:
    > She has MSN mail and I have outlook, hers is not setup, but I am
    > waiting for her to call tech support at MSN to give her the info. She
    > is on DSL and I am on a cable modem. We used gotomypc, too expensive,
    > but worked really easy.

    UltraVNC is a good remote desktop alternative - free.

    This one is like GoToMyPC, but free:
    http://www.mywebexpc.com/index.php

    This web page used to tell one how to setup Outlook Express to check your
    MSN email:
    http://supportservices.msn.com/us/oeconfig

    --
    <- Shenan ->