actual videos taken with XL2

Does anyone know where I can see short samples of video taken with the Canon
XL-2, either in google or elsewhere. Every time I go to google, all I get
is people trying to sell me a XL-2.

www.madwolfvideos.com
directing/videographer/shorts
3-D logos-Special Effects
dusty-roads@earthlink.net

http://xl2.stylezracing.com/xl2dvx.wmvx
http://xl2.stylezracing.com/XL2Video.wmvx
http://xl2.stylezracing.com/nightxl2.xwmv

http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing15.html
http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing16.html
http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing24.html
http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing25.html

remove the x in the filename

--
Brian Alves

Listen to the new podcast
for DV creators- The DV Show!
http://www.thedvshow.com

extraordinary, thanks a lot....I can open the wmvx file extension, what do I
use to open them....thanks alot though

"The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/xl2dvx.wmvx
> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/XL2Video.wmvx
> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/nightxl2.xwmv
>

> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing15.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing16.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing24.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing25.html
>
> remove the x in the filename
>

> --
> Brian Alves
>
> Listen to the new podcast
> for DV creators- The DV Show!
> http://www.thedvshow.com

Just change the extension to WMV - works under WMP10 on WinXP for me.

C.

"l" <dusty-dryroads@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> extraordinary, thanks a lot....I can open the wmvx file extension, what do
> I use to open them....thanks alot though
>

> "The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/xl2dvx.wmvx
>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/XL2Video.wmvx
>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/nightxl2.xwmv
>>

>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing15.html
>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing16.html
>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing24.html
>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing25.html
>>
>> remove the x in the filename
>>

>> --
>> Brian Alves
>>
>> Listen to the new podcast
>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>> http://www.thedvshow.com

worked, fabulous clips. I have a XL-2 but have not used it more than 5
hours, so I am still learning how to take clips like the one I see here

"C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> Just change the extension to WMV - works under WMP10 on WinXP for me.
>
> C.
>

> "l" <dusty-dryroads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> extraordinary, thanks a lot....I can open the wmvx file extension, what
>> do I use to open them....thanks alot though
>>

>> "The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
>>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/xl2dvx.wmvx
>>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/XL2Video.wmvx
>>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/nightxl2.xwmv
>>>

>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing15.html
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing16.html
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing24.html
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing25.html
>>>
>>> remove the x in the filename
>>>

>>> --
>>> Brian Alves
>>>
>>> Listen to the new podcast
>>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>>> http://www.thedvshow.com

Just would like to know what f stop and shutter speed he shot the night
scenes...Probably used all manual settings??

"C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> Just change the extension to WMV - works under WMP10 on WinXP for me.
>
> C.
>

> "l" <dusty-dryroads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> extraordinary, thanks a lot....I can open the wmvx file extension, what
>> do I use to open them....thanks alot though
>>

>> "The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
>>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/xl2dvx.wmvx
>>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/XL2Video.wmvx
>>> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/nightxl2.xwmv
>>>

>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing15.html
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing16.html
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing24.html
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing25.html
>>>
>>> remove the x in the filename
>>>

>>> --
>>> Brian Alves
>>>
>>> Listen to the new podcast
>>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>>> http://www.thedvshow.com

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:59:56 -0500, l wrote
(in article <gbM1e.6296$H06.4654@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>):

> Does anyone know where I can see short samples of video taken with the Canon
> XL-2, either in google or elsewhere. Every time I go to google, all I get
> is people trying to sell me a XL-2.

You can see an mp4 I shot with an XL2. It's in the Quickies folder in teh
archives on my website. It's the AT2020.mp4.

Regards,

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com

terry

Browsing on the links provided I came across these stills comparing GL2,
PD150, and the XL1. Do my eye's decieve me but from the test shots of the
horse head - the GL2 is green, the PD150 is bluish, and the XL1 is very red.
It this on purpose or are the camera's actually skewed like this?

http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/PhotoAlbum5.html

"The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/xl2dvx.wmvx
> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/XL2Video.wmvx
> http://xl2.stylezracing.com/nightxl2.xwmv
>

> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing15.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing16.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing24.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/barrygoyette/FileSharing25.html
>
> remove the x in the filename
>

> --
> Brian Alves
>
> Listen to the new podcast
> for DV creators- The DV Show!
> http://www.thedvshow.com

awsome
"Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:59:56 -0500, l wrote
> (in article <gbM1e.6296$H06.4654@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>):
>
>> Does anyone know where I can see short samples of video taken with the
>> Canon
>> XL-2, either in google or elsewhere. Every time I go to google, all I
>> get
>> is people trying to sell me a XL-2.

> You can see an mp4 I shot with an XL2. It's in the Quickies folder in teh
> archives on my website. It's the AT2020.mp4.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ty
>

> -- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other
> audiocentric
> stuff are at www.tyford.com

"Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:59:56 -0500, l wrote
> (in article <gbM1e.6296$H06.4654@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>):
>
>> Does anyone know where I can see short samples of video taken with the
>> Canon
>> XL-2, either in google or elsewhere. Every time I go to google, all I
>> get
>> is people trying to sell me a XL-2.

> You can see an mp4 I shot with an XL2. It's in the Quickies folder in teh
> archives on my website. It's the AT2020.mp4.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ty
>

> -- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other
> audiocentric
> stuff are at www.tyford.com

I like the video. What kind of setup work and post did you do with that?

Tom P.
P.S. I also like the m ic you were showing. I'm looking for a good lav with
a mini plug or XLR on the reciever. Not sure which way I want to go yet,
let me see what's out there.

P.P.S. Blue on bright orange is probably not your best color scheme. You
might want a real light blue with dark blue type or try contrasting colors.
But that orange hurts the eyes.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:12:20 -0500, Tom Padilla wrote
(in article <UEL2e.16441$DW.15883@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:59:56 -0500, l wrote
>> (in article <gbM1e.6296$H06.4654@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>):
>>
>>> Does anyone know where I can see short samples of video taken with the
>>> Canon
>>> XL-2, either in google or elsewhere. Every time I go to google, all I
>>> get
>>> is people trying to sell me a XL-2.

>> You can see an mp4 I shot with an XL2. It's in the Quickies folder in teh
>> archives on my website. It's the AT2020.mp4.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ty
>>

>> -- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other
>> audiocentric
>> stuff are at www.tyford.com
>>

> I like the video. What kind of setup work and post did you do with that?

Hi Tom,

Thanks! I'm not quite sure what you're asking for concerning setup.
XL2, available light from fixtures in the studio. Put the camera on a stand,
composed the background, sat in, realized I needed more room at the bottom
for the CG, bumped it up, fiddled a bit. Stuck the mic on a boom stand and
placed it in the shot. Hit record, sat down and did the bit.
I edited in Mac iMovie and exported it as an MP4

> Tom P.
> P.S. I also like the m ic you were showing. I'm looking for a good lav with
> a mini plug or XLR on the reciever. Not sure which way I want to go yet,
> let me see what's out there.

"a mini plug or XLR on the reciever" Um, your talking about a lav with a
wireless system or just a hardwired lav?

> P.P.S. Blue on bright orange is probably not your best color scheme. You
> might want a real light blue with dark blue type or try contrasting colors.
> But that orange hurts the eyes.

You're talking the website? Hmm, I think it must appear differently on
different systems. Over here it's a warm glow with sharp blue type that
stands out. I have noticed that different systems treat it differently.

Regards,

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com