XP SP2, cannot see local disk drives

Hello!

I connect to XP SP2 PRO machine from XP SP2 PRO machine
with "Disk drives" option checked on "Local resources" tab.

Remote desktop is working OK, but when I open
"My Computer" there are no local disks.
Also \\tsclient is empty.

Group policy is default.

Do you have any suggestion how to solve this situation?

Thanks,
Roman

PS. Remote machine has no antivirus at the moment.
2 answers Last reply
More about local disk drives

    how long do you wait? I've seen it take up to 2 minutes to list the drives
    in "my computer"
    "roman modic" <modicr@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > I connect to XP SP2 PRO machine from XP SP2 PRO machine
    > with "Disk drives" option checked on "Local resources" tab.
    >
    > Remote desktop is working OK, but when I open
    > "My Computer" there are no local disks.
    > Also \\tsclient is empty.
    >
    > Group policy is default.
    >
    > Do you have any suggestion how to solve this situation?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Roman
    >
    > PS. Remote machine has no antivirus at the moment.

    Hello,

    "MDBJ" <nosorry@no.com> wrote in message
    > how long do you wait? I've seen it take up to 2 minutes to list the
    > drives in "my computer"

    I waited for two hours and nothing.
    BTW, I installed another XP SP2 on second partition
    (dual boot) and installed same drivers. It works OK.

    The difference is that problematic XP SP2 used
    to be only XP then upgraded to SP1 and finally
    upgraded to SP2. "Remote desktop" used to
    work OK but I don't know what and when
    went wrong. Probably something in registry ...

    BTW, I also installed User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
    on both XP boots.
    http://bink.nu/Article1356.bink

    Regards, Roman

    >> Remote desktop is working OK, but when I open
    >> "My Computer" there are no local disks.
    >> Also \\tsclient is empty.
    >>
    >> Group policy is default.
    >>
    >> Do you have any suggestion how to solve this situation?

Disk Drives Windows XP