Limited or No Connectivity

I am getting this message...and it's doing exactly what it says. I have no
connection via the internet through my wireless router. However, when
connected to the modem via cable, the connection is fine. The signal strength
from the router is excellent. This is the second time this has happened.

I have tried the Microsoft Patch 884020. I have tried rebooting both the
modem, router and computer. I have tried just about every other idea suggest
on any newsgroup.

Up until 1pm this afternoon, it worked fine. Nothing I have changed could
have set this off. This is the second time this has happened. The first time
it sorted itself out in 24 hours. Now...I suspect it will sort itself out in
24 hours again, but this is unhelpful and very very annoying.

Anyone with any ideas? I have a Dell Inspiron 500m laptop with a Netgear
Wireless Router WGR614

steven

I am having the same problem and I realized it after installing SP2. I am
not sure if it is something in that or not but I was wondering if there were
any patchs to get or any fixes available.

Maz

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

If you have Zone Alarm firewall install try disabling it, after
shuttingdown ZA my daughter was able to use the internet on her
laptop