XL-2 mic cable extension

Does any one know if there is a extension that could use to put the XL2's
microphone away from the camera and put close to a band. I did that with
the Sony 2000, but not sure if a place like Markertek might have one... I
about to email them to see if it is possible.

--

www.madwolfvideos.com
directing/videographer/shorts

dusty-dryroads wrote ...
> Does any one know if there is a extension that could use to put the XL2's
> microphone away from the camera and put close to a band. I did that with
> the Sony 2000, but not sure if a place like Markertek might have one... I
> about to email them to see if it is possible.

Canon's website says that the XL2 has conventional XLR mic input
connectors. 99.9% of all pro microphone cables/extentions will work
with this connector. You should be able to find compatible cable almost
anywhere.

I had to make one for the XL1. The power needed to be carried out also. But
it was fun to be able to move the stereo mic around on a boom for a few
shoots.
"l" <dusty-dryroads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Does any one know if there is a extension that could use to put the XL2's
> microphone away from the camera and put close to a band. I did that with
> the Sony 2000, but not sure if a place like Markertek might have one... I
> about to email them to see if it is possible.
>

> --
>

> www.madwolfvideos.com
> directing/videographer/shorts
> 3-D logos-Special Effects
> dusty-roads@earthlink.net

"l" <dusty-dryroads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Does any one know if there is a extension that could use to put the XL2's
> microphone away from the camera and put close to a band. I did that with
> the Sony 2000, but not sure if a place like Markertek might have one... I
> about to email them to see if it is possible.

I'm think the better (but more expensive) way to do this is with a device
like the XLR ProJr.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=264991&is=REG

Using any balanced low impedance mic (the pro type with the XLR connection)
the XLR Pro converts it to the unblanced high-impedance of the camera mic
and provides a stereo mini plug that connects with the camera. It also
blocks the DC from the camera mic input safely.

I believe that camera mics with extensions suffere high-end frequency loss
(perhaps insignificant) when used this way..

"Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "l" <dusty-dryroads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Does any one know if there is a extension that could use to put the XL2's
>> microphone away from the camera and put close to a band. I did that with
>> the Sony 2000, but not sure if a place like Markertek might have one... I
>> about to email them to see if it is possible.
>
> I'm think the better (but more expensive) way to do this is with a device
> like the XLR ProJr.
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=264991&is=REG
>
> Using any balanced low impedance mic (the pro type with the XLR
> connection) the XLR Pro converts it to the unblanced high-impedance of the
> camera mic and provides a stereo mini plug that connects with the camera.
> It also blocks the DC from the camera mic input safely.
>
> I believe that camera mics with extensions suffere high-end frequency loss
> (perhaps insignificant) when used this way..

Ooops! Well, for anyone without XLR inputs I think this is the way to go.
:)

I know, I wanted to use the XL2 stereo mic though

"Richard Crowley" <richard.7.crowley@intel.com> wrote in message
> dusty-dryroads wrote ...
>> Does any one know if there is a extension that could use to put the XL2's
>> microphone away from the camera and put close to a band. I did that with
>> the Sony 2000, but not sure if a place like Markertek might have one... I
>> about to email them to see if it is possible.
>
> Canon's website says that the XL2 has conventional XLR mic input
> connectors. 99.9% of all pro microphone cables/extentions will work
> with this connector. You should be able to find compatible cable almost
> anywhere.

"l" wrote ...
>I know, I wanted to use the XL2 stereo mic though

Then consider that you may have to explain how the "XL2
Stereo Mic" is connected to the camera.