What are my option for dealing with PST and DBF files on a..

March 30, 2005 5:04:13 PM

I have a few laptop users and I'm not sure how to keep thier data backed up.

Since Synchronizing won't synch PST and DBF file, are roaming profiles the
answer?

I could have them manually copy the files to the network but seems a bit
iffie as they may not remember.

What the best solution for this?

Thanks

Kelvin

Configuration:
Windows XP laptops
Windows 2003 server
Domain with AD
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 4:07:34 PM

Kelvin Beaton wrote:
> I have a few laptop users and I'm not sure how to keep thier data
> backed up.
>
> Since Synchronizing won't synch PST and DBF file, are roaming
> profiles the answer?
>
> I could have them manually copy the files to the network but seems a
> bit iffie as they may not remember.
>
> What the best solution for this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kelvin
>
> Configuration:
> Windows XP laptops
> Windows 2003 server
> Domain with AD

I suppose you don't have Exchange server...if you did, you would have a MUCH
easier time of this. I really don't like using PST files for corporate
e-mail - too fragile, difficult to administer/back up, etc..and no sharing
or collaboration.

That said: Offline Files doesn't work on PST files (and other types) by
default - and as I don't like Offline Files anyway, I'd suggest checking out
the shareware app at www.centered.com. They have a 30 day eval you can check
out.
Note: Make sure all relevant apps are closed when you sync.
!