What are my option for dealing with PST and DBF files on a..

I have a few laptop users and I'm not sure how to keep thier data backed up.

Since Synchronizing won't synch PST and DBF file, are roaming profiles the
answer?

I could have them manually copy the files to the network but seems a bit
iffie as they may not remember.

What the best solution for this?

Thanks

Kelvin

Configuration:
Windows XP laptops
Windows 2003 server
Domain with AD
1 answer Last reply
More about what option dealing files

    Kelvin Beaton wrote:
    > I have a few laptop users and I'm not sure how to keep thier data
    > backed up.
    >
    > Since Synchronizing won't synch PST and DBF file, are roaming
    > profiles the answer?
    >
    > I could have them manually copy the files to the network but seems a
    > bit iffie as they may not remember.
    >
    > What the best solution for this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kelvin
    >
    > Configuration:
    > Windows XP laptops
    > Windows 2003 server
    > Domain with AD

    I suppose you don't have Exchange server...if you did, you would have a MUCH
    easier time of this. I really don't like using PST files for corporate
    e-mail - too fragile, difficult to administer/back up, etc..and no sharing
    or collaboration.

    That said: Offline Files doesn't work on PST files (and other types) by
    default - and as I don't like Offline Files anyway, I'd suggest checking out
    the shareware app at www.centered.com. They have a 30 day eval you can check
    out.
    Note: Make sure all relevant apps are closed when you sync.

Windows XP