help and opinions wanted

Hi all
I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the local
junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be passed around team
managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for taking
pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper, it is unlikely
that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega pixels doesn't need to
be so big.
My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which has got
to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would be
appreciated.
tia
22 answers Last reply
More about help opinions wanted

    [re Mavica floppy disk camera for shared use for sports]

    The fd Mavica was great in its time, but that whole product line is probably
    too long in the tooth - six years or more - to be the best choice today,
    though the reasons you give were good ones a few years ago. The camera is
    very slow, which would be maddening for sports pictures. The floppy can be
    a simple solution, but these days not all computer systems even have a
    floppy drive, while nearly all of them support USB. You would not be able
    to get prints made easily at the 1 hour photo shop.

    A better solution, IMHO, would be to get something like the Canon A75. This
    is a compact camera with relatively simple controls but with optical zoom
    and other capabilities should you choose to use them.

    But the Mavica will do the job, and one big advantage is that, since it is
    so large, it will probably last longer being passed around such a group of
    people before being lost. If you go with a smaller newer camera, mark it
    with an asset tag - those permanent shiny stickers with the name of your
    institusiton, or spend some of your budget on having the camera engraved
    with identifying information - name, email, telephone number.

    IMHO - check the prices on eBay for comparison, but I think 200 quid is too
    high unless the camera is in like-new condition.

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

    Locutus wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the
    > local junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be passed
    > around team managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different
    > people) for taking pictures which are likely to be emailed to the
    > local paper, it is unlikely that we'll be doing big printouts from it
    > so the mega pixels doesn't need to be so big.
    > My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    > pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which
    > has got to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    > any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would
    > be appreciated.
    > tia

    most cameras these days doesn't require any software to install if you want
    jsut download pictures to HDD with explorer. Using floppy isn' tsuhc a good
    idea, since it's goind out, it's too small etc...
    Just find any decent camera with as little as possible manual settings, so
    people won't loose themselves when trying to shoot. Some basic Olympus or
    Canon will do just nice. Sony's usually have too many settings, so if anyone
    press wrong button...

    "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the local
    > junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be passed around
    > team
    > managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for taking
    > pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper, it is unlikely
    > that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega pixels doesn't need
    > be so big.
    > My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    > pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which has
    > got
    > to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    > any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would be
    > appreciated.
    > tia

    After Asking around, Newsgroups etc, I Finally bought the Sony DSC P200
    7.2mp,
    (I bought mine from PCW £231.90 online or to pick up in store, or £269.89 in
    store)
    (NOPE I don't work for them at all AND I know there are cheaper places to
    shop from online, I didn't recognise any of the stores so stuck with PCW)
    The quality So far on the photos I have taken I feel very Positive about the
    camera, I did only take the pics set on 1mp, and was well impressed,
    I have been a fan of photography for years now, and own a few compacts and
    SLRs manual and Automatic, and even a couple of dodgy ''digital''
    camera free from buying my PC or Printers etc. I was very nervous about
    buying this camera and spoke to lots of people online about it with mixed
    reactions.
    It doesn't look very robust (bouncy I mean) but its small and compact and
    you can put a Wrist strap or Lanyard on it. Easy to Use and options to
    Preview the pics straight away. I took it to 2 music gigs and a wedding and
    Some people have commented that some of my wedding pics were better than
    the Photographer, and at the gigs, Blakey fest It tanked down all day and my
    camera got a little bit wet but its fine so ok for a few splashes.
    If you would like to see some of the pics I took I have uploaded a lot of
    them to Photobox for other people (lots wanted copies from wedding and
    music)
    (I wont post the links here as it may not be allowed, I don't want to upset
    anyone.I can send you the Link if you wish, Just ask.
    Nice camera, Quality Very Good and Nice Price. Anything else you need to
    know just ask. That's enough of me ''rabbitting'' on Just because I can't
    Sleep.
    Tracym

    Congratulations on your new camera!

    There's no problem at all with posting a link to your pictures - people do
    it all the time.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

    "Mike Russell" <RE-MOVEmike@Curvemeister.comRE-MOVE> wrote in message
    > Congratulations on your new camera!
    >
    > There's no problem at all with posting a link to your pictures - people do
    > it all the time.
    > --
    > Mike Russell
    > www.curvemeister.com

    These links are to the pics I have shared, The wedding ones I didnt put in a
    shared album just in case, lol, Most I think are good,
    some (little bit dodgy) usually when someone crashing into you when you
    trying to take Pics, lol.
    ( all pics were taken on a 1mg setting, as I didnt get my new memory cards
    til yesterday.)
    http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1663720
    http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1637305
    Tracym
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > These links are to the pics I have shared, The wedding ones I didnt put in
    > a shared album just in case, lol, Most I think are good,
    > some (little bit dodgy) usually when someone crashing into you when you
    > trying to take Pics, lol.
    > ( all pics were taken on a 1mg setting, as I didnt get my new memory cards
    > til yesterday.)
    > http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1663720
    > http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1637305
    > Tracym

    Not bad at all. You're good a getting in close on some of the people shots,
    and the camera did a nice job on the concert, especially considering all the
    rain. It looks like you could have skipped the flash on the indoor concert
    shots and got an even better result.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

    > [re Mavica floppy disk camera for shared use for sports]
    >
    > The fd Mavica was great in its time, but that whole product line is
    probably
    > too long in the tooth - six years or more - to be the best choice today,
    > though the reasons you give were good ones a few years ago. The camera is
    > very slow, which would be maddening for sports pictures. The floppy can
    be
    > a simple solution, but these days not all computer systems even have a
    > floppy drive, while nearly all of them support USB. You would not be able
    > to get prints made easily at the 1 hour photo shop.
    >
    > A better solution, IMHO, would be to get something like the Canon A75.
    This
    > is a compact camera with relatively simple controls but with optical zoom
    > and other capabilities should you choose to use them.
    >
    > But the Mavica will do the job, and one big advantage is that, since it is
    > so large, it will probably last longer being passed around such a group of
    > people before being lost. If you go with a smaller newer camera, mark it
    > with an asset tag - those permanent shiny stickers with the name of your
    > institusiton, or spend some of your budget on having the camera engraved
    > with identifying information - name, email, telephone number.
    >
    > IMHO - check the prices on eBay for comparison, but I think 200 quid is
    too
    > high unless the camera is in like-new condition.
    >
    > Mike Russell
    > www.curvemeister.com

    Thanks Mike
    I am going to resaerch the canon a75 as you suggested. i too thought the
    mavica was a little dated but it did seem like a good solid easy to use
    camera for little money. thanks for your input.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

> [...]
    > Preview the pics straight away. I took it to 2 music gigs and a wedding
    and
    > Some people have commented that some of my wedding pics were better than
    > the Photographer, and at the gigs, Blakey fest It tanked down all day and
    my
    > camera got a little bit wet but its fine so ok for a few splashes.
    > If you would like to see some of the pics I took I have uploaded a lot of
    > them to Photobox for other people (lots wanted copies from wedding and
    > music)
    > (I wont post the links here as it may not be allowed, I don't want to
    upset
    > anyone.I can send you the Link if you wish, Just ask.
    > Nice camera, Quality Very Good and Nice Price. Anything else you need to
    > know just ask. That's enough of me ''rabbitting'' on Just because I can't

    Thanks for the suggestion Tracym but the sony is a little out of our
    price range, even on e-bay, im looking for an idiot proof, snap away all day
    camera for £200 or less.
    nice pics by the way.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "Mike Russell" <RE-MOVEmike@Curvemeister.comRE-MOVE> wrote in message
    > [re Mavica floppy disk camera for shared use for sports]
    >
    > The fd Mavica was great in its time, but that whole product line is
    probably
    > too long in the tooth - six years or more - to be the best choice today,
    > though the reasons you give were good ones a few years ago. The camera is
    > very slow, which would be maddening for sports pictures. The floppy can
    be
    > a simple solution, but these days not all computer systems even have a
    > floppy drive, while nearly all of them support USB. You would not be able
    > to get prints made easily at the 1 hour photo shop.
    >
    > A better solution, IMHO, would be to get something like the Canon A75.
    This
    > is a compact camera with relatively simple controls but with optical zoom
    > and other capabilities should you choose to use them.
    >
    > But the Mavica will do the job, and one big advantage is that, since it is
    > so large, it will probably last longer being passed around such a group of
    > people before being lost. If you go with a smaller newer camera, mark it
    > with an asset tag - those permanent shiny stickers with the name of your
    > institusiton, or spend some of your budget on having the camera engraved
    > with identifying information - name, email, telephone number.
    >
    > IMHO - check the prices on eBay for comparison, but I think 200 quid is
    too
    > high unless the camera is in like-new condition.
    >
    > Mike Russell
    > www.curvemeister.com

    with the A75 can i download the pictures straight on to the computer through
    usb cable and windows explorer or do i have to install some software ?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Locutus wrote:
> [...]
    >> gigs and a wedding and Some people have commented that some of my
    >> wedding pics were better than the Photographer, and at the gigs,
    >> Blakey fest It tanked down all day and my camera got a little bit
    >> wet but its fine so ok for a few splashes.
    >> If you would like to see some of the pics I took I have uploaded a
    >> lot of them to Photobox for other people (lots wanted copies from
    >> wedding and music)
    >> (I wont post the links here as it may not be allowed, I don't want
    >> to upset anyone.I can send you the Link if you wish, Just ask.
    >> Nice camera, Quality Very Good and Nice Price. Anything else you
    >> need to know just ask. That's enough of me ''rabbitting'' on Just
    >> because I can't Sleep.
    >> Tracym
    >>

    > Thanks for the suggestion Tracym but the sony is a little out of
    > our price range, even on e-bay, im looking for an idiot proof, snap

    I'd say don't get Sony. When my friend bought one (i believe it was DSC-P72
    or similar) he got lost in all settings it has. Like i said, Sony usually
    have too many buttons to be a foolproof camera...
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:19:37 +0100, "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote:

    >with the A75 can i download the pictures straight on to the computer through
    >usb cable and windows explorer or do i have to install some software ?

    You can download them directly, but the camera will not get it's won
    driveletter (nor will it using the Canon software).
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the local
    > junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be passed around
    > team
    > managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for taking
    > pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper, it is unlikely
    > that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega pixels doesn't need
    > be so big.
    > My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    > pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which has
    > got
    > to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    > any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would be
    > appreciated.
    > tia

    My Sony Digital Mavica has 14x digital zoom and stabilization and I seldom
    use it any more. It is great for taking action shots at a distance. The
    resolution is a bit low for standards today. I doubt if you can find a
    median priced SLR with stabilization and such a large zoom. Anyway and SLR
    camera is not the type of camera to pass around to everybody.

    Maybe you should try the Mavica and upgrade later if needed. I have a few
    photos on the WEB taken by my Mavica. Go to the my WEB page shown below and
    click on the index item "Uruguay." For comparison, click on "Cruise S. A."
    for photos taken with SLR digital cameras, a Nikon D70, and Olympus E20

    http://www2.hagenhosting.com/~naborswe/naborsindex/

    RCN
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Robert Nabors wrote:
    > "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi all
    >> I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the
    >> local junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be
    >> passed around team
    >> managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for
    >> taking pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper,
    >> it is unlikely that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega
    >> pixels doesn't need to
    >> be so big.
    >> My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    >> pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which
    >> has got
    >> to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    >> any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would
    >> be appreciated.
    >> tia
    >>

    > My Sony Digital Mavica has 14x digital zoom and stabilization and I
    > seldom use it any more. It is great for taking action shots at a
    > distance. The resolution is a bit low for standards today. I doubt if
    > you can find a median priced SLR with stabilization and such a large
    > zoom. Anyway and SLR camera is not the type of camera to pass around
    > to everybody.
    > Maybe you should try the Mavica and upgrade later if needed. I have
    > a few photos on the WEB taken by my Mavica. Go to the my WEB page
    > shown below and click on the index item "Uruguay." For comparison,
    > click on "Cruise S. A." for photos taken with SLR digital cameras, a
    > Nikon D70, and Olympus E20
    > http://www2.hagenhosting.com/~naborswe/naborsindex/
    >
    > RCN
    14x digital zoom???
    Did you mean optical? If not, there's almost every camera nowadays equipped
    with 3x optical pus 4x digital= 12x combined zoom. But note however that
    digital zoom is usable only for commercial purposes and almost useless in
    real life. For example, my Canon S2 has 48x combined zoom... (12x optical x
    4x digital).
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    [re A75]
    > with the A75 can i download the pictures straight on to the computer
    > through
    > usb cable and windows explorer or do i have to install some software ?

    You would need to install software, or use a card reader which costs between
    10 and 20 dollars. If that is a problem, I believe Fuji cameras will simply
    mount themselves as a disk drive on Windows. The A75 is a nice camera, and
    has a high customer satisfaction rating, but there are other good ones.

    Mike
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Mike Russell wrote:
    > "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    > [re A75]
    >> with the A75 can i download the pictures straight on to the computer
    >> through
    >> usb cable and windows explorer or do i have to install some software
    >> ?
    >
    > You would need to install software, or use a card reader which costs
    > between 10 and 20 dollars. If that is a problem, I believe Fuji
    > cameras will simply mount themselves as a disk drive on Windows. The
    > A75 is a nice camera, and has a high customer satisfaction rating,
    > but there are other good ones.
    > Mike

    i don't know for others, but Canon cameras don't require any additional
    software. First time you just connect, wait for new hardware to be installed
    and use from explorer.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message news:LDHNe.1587

    > i don't know for others, but Canon cameras don't require any additional
    > software. First time you just connect, wait for new hardware to be
    > installed and use from explorer.

    I tried this on an iMac two nights ago and the camera was not recognized as
    a drive. I was about to go out and buy a card reader, but now you've got me
    thinking I may just need a USB storage driver for the iMac.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

    > Robert Nabors wrote:
    >> "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all
    >>> I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the
    >>> local junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be
    >>> passed around team
    >>> managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for
    >>> taking pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper,
    >>> it is unlikely that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega
    >>> pixels doesn't need to
    >>> be so big.
    >>> My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    >>> pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which
    >>> has got
    >>> to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    >>> any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would
    >>> be appreciated.
    >>> tia
    >>>

    >> My Sony Digital Mavica has 14x digital zoom and stabilization and I
    >> seldom use it any more. It is great for taking action shots at a
    >> distance. The resolution is a bit low for standards today. I doubt if
    >> you can find a median priced SLR with stabilization and such a large
    >> zoom. Anyway and SLR camera is not the type of camera to pass around
    >> to everybody.
    >> Maybe you should try the Mavica and upgrade later if needed. I have
    >> a few photos on the WEB taken by my Mavica. Go to the my WEB page
    >> shown below and click on the index item "Uruguay." For comparison,
    >> click on "Cruise S. A." for photos taken with SLR digital cameras, a
    >> Nikon D70, and Olympus E20
    >> http://www2.hagenhosting.com/~naborswe/naborsindex/
    >>
    >> RCN
    > 14x digital zoom???
    > Did you mean optical? If not, there's almost every camera nowadays
    > equipped with 3x optical pus 4x digital= 12x combined zoom. But note
    > however that digital zoom is usable only for commercial purposes and
    > almost useless in real life. For example, my Canon S2 has 48x combined
    > zoom... (12x optical x 4x digital).
    _________________________________
    "!4x OPTICAL ZOOM" and "SteadyShot" is printed on the side of the camera.
    These two features is one reason I keep the camera.

    RCN
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    > Robert Nabors wrote:
    >> "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all
    >>> I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the
    >>> local junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be
    >>> passed around team
    >>> managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for
    >>> taking pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper,
    >>> it is unlikely that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega
    >>> pixels doesn't need to
    >>> be so big.
    >>> My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    >>> pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which
    >>> has got
    >>> to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    >>> any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would
    >>> be appreciated.
    >>> tia
    >>>

    >> My Sony Digital Mavica has 14x digital zoom and stabilization and I
    >> seldom use it any more. It is great for taking action shots at a
    >> distance. The resolution is a bit low for standards today. I doubt if
    >> you can find a median priced SLR with stabilization and such a large
    >> zoom. Anyway and SLR camera is not the type of camera to pass around
    >> to everybody.
    >> Maybe you should try the Mavica and upgrade later if needed. I have
    >> a few photos on the WEB taken by my Mavica. Go to the my WEB page
    >> shown below and click on the index item "Uruguay." For comparison,
    >> click on "Cruise S. A." for photos taken with SLR digital cameras, a
    >> Nikon D70, and Olympus E20
    >> http://www2.hagenhosting.com/~naborswe/naborsindex/
    >>
    >> RCN
    > 14x digital zoom???
    > Did you mean optical? If not, there's almost every camera nowadays
    > equipped with 3x optical pus 4x digital= 12x combined zoom. But note
    > however that digital zoom is usable only for commercial purposes and
    > almost useless in real life. For example, my Canon S2 has 48x combined
    > zoom... (12x optical x 4x digital).

    _____________________

    Yes, it is only optical zoom, no digital. Error on my part.

    "14x Optical Zoom" and "SteadyShot" is printed on the side of the "Sony
    Digital Mavica" lens.
    RCN
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Mike Russell wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message news:LDHNe.1587
    >
    >> i don't know for others, but Canon cameras don't require any
    >> additional software. First time you just connect, wait for new
    >> hardware to be installed and use from explorer.
    >
    > I tried this on an iMac two nights ago and the camera was not
    > recognized as a drive. I was about to go out and buy a card reader,
    > but now you've got me thinking I may just need a USB storage driver
    > for the iMac.

    hm...i meant above for Win...don't know for MAC, but i do know that there
    are drivers for it. Just search fot it on Canon d/l pages.

    BTW...Canon cameras do how up in explorer, but not as a drive, but instead
    as the name of the camers ( like Canon PowerShot S2) and you can download
    pictures and delete them, but you can't store nothing on them. Canon's can't
    be used as USB key storage devices (phew!!!) I really don't know why then is
    that MISC folder present, if it's always empty and can't be filled with
    anything...
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Robert Nabors wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    >> Robert Nabors wrote:
    >>> "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> My Sony Digital Mavica has 14x digital zoom and stabilization and I
    >>> seldom use it any more. It is great for taking action shots at a
    >>> distance. The resolution is a bit low for standards today. I doubt
    >>> if you can find a median priced SLR with stabilization and such a
    >>> large zoom. Anyway and SLR camera is not the type of camera to pass
    >>> around to everybody.
    >>> Maybe you should try the Mavica and upgrade later if needed. I have
    >>> a few photos on the WEB taken by my Mavica. Go to the my WEB page
    >>> shown below and click on the index item "Uruguay." For comparison,
    >>> click on "Cruise S. A." for photos taken with SLR digital cameras, a
    >>> Nikon D70, and Olympus E20
    >>> http://www2.hagenhosting.com/~naborswe/naborsindex/
    >>>
    >>> RCN
    >> 14x digital zoom???
    >> Did you mean optical? If not, there's almost every camera nowadays
    >> equipped with 3x optical pus 4x digital= 12x combined zoom. But note
    >> however that digital zoom is usable only for commercial purposes and
    >> almost useless in real life. For example, my Canon S2 has 48x
    >> combined zoom... (12x optical x 4x digital).
    >>
    > _____________________
    >
    > Yes, it is only optical zoom, no digital. Error on my part.
    >
    > "14x Optical Zoom" and "SteadyShot" is printed on the side of the
    > "Sony Digital Mavica" lens.
    > RCN

    OK, in that case i'd keep it, too. Great piece...
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "Locutus" <locutus@b.org> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I have been given £200 and the task of buying a digi camera for the local
    > junior football club. the idea is that the camera can be passed around
    team
    > managers and club officials (maybe up to 20 different people) for taking
    > pictures which are likely to be emailed to the local paper, it is unlikely
    > that we'll be doing big printouts from it so the mega pixels doesn't need
    > be so big.
    > My thought was of a Sony mavica fd97 , because it is robust and save
    > pictures direct to floppy hence no special software to install which has
    got
    > to be a bonus when it is to be used by so many people ?
    > any thoughts or opinions on this camera or any recommendations would be
    > appreciated.
    > tia

    Thanks every one for your comments and help. I have just won a bid on ebay
    for a canon A75. I still think the sony mavica was a good idea in principal,
    but it is dated and floppies are on the way out. The A75 should suit us ok,
    however im just concerned that it is small and not rugged enough to stand
    up to being passed around..... time will tell I suppose !
    thanks again.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    > Thanks every one for your comments and help. I have just won a bid on ebay
    > for a canon A75. I still think the sony mavica was a good idea in
    > principal,
    > but it is dated and floppies are on the way out. The A75 should suit us
    > ok,
    > however im just concerned that it is small and not rugged enough to stand
    > up to being passed around..... time will tell I suppose !
    > thanks again.

    It's a good little camera - keep us posted on how it works out for you.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

Cameras Peripherals