Please Help

Thanks to all
I want to ask if I can access one computer (A) from another computer (B)
through LAN using Remote Desktop and another user is working in computer (A)
in the same time? and how?
4 answers Last reply
More about please help

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmFoZmFpbg==?=" <Bahfain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thanks to all
    >I want to ask if I can access one computer (A) from another computer (B)
    >through LAN using Remote Desktop and another user is working in computer (A)
    >in the same time? and how?

    I do not believe it is possible. Whenever I access (B) from (A) on my LAN, computer (B) becomes locked until I disconnect from it. I don't think that two users can access the same computer at the same time on ANY Windows computer. If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

    -Lydokane-

    "Lydokane" wrote:

    > "=?Utf-8?B?QmFoZmFpbg==?=" <Bahfain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >Thanks to all
    > >I want to ask if I can access one computer (A) from another computer (B)
    > >through LAN using Remote Desktop and another user is working in computer (A)
    > >in the same time? and how?
    >

    > I do not believe it is possible. Whenever I access (B) from (A) on my LAN, computer (B) becomes locked until I disconnect from it. I don't think that two users can access the same computer at the same time on ANY Windows computer. If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.
    >
    > -Lydokane-

    Thanks
    So can i share sattelite card between two computers within LAN ?

    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 06:47:03 -0800, Bahfain wrote:

    I have only recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro SP2 and am working on other
    problems that I have reported in this forum so I have not been able to
    confirm this but I had read that SP2 introduced multiple session access. In
    my case when an RDC session has been established by one account, the host
    pc drops into the Windows XP logon screen showing that the RDC session is
    still running active programs. I did not try to log on locally at that
    point to test my theory since my host pc is too slow and does not have
    enough memory to support two simultaneous sessions. I will setup a test on
    another PC. What is not mentioned is whether "Fast User Switching" has to
    be setup on the host pc in order for this to work.
    Are you at SP2 and do you have FUS support on?
    As for your sat card, don't have a clue!

    Early "Beta" versions of XP SP2 included this shadowing (multiple logon) feature.

    That feature is *NOT* available with the final release of XP SP2.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Muse" <noway@jose.com> wrote in message news:6xf40d5xccr6$.vguqc7k66sxd$.dlg@40tude.net...
    > On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 06:47:03 -0800, Bahfain wrote:
    >
    > I have only recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro SP2 and am working on other
    > problems that I have reported in this forum so I have not been able to
    > confirm this but I had read that SP2 introduced multiple session access. In
    > my case when an RDC session has been established by one account, the host
    > pc drops into the Windows XP logon screen showing that the RDC session is
    > still running active programs. I did not try to log on locally at that
    > point to test my theory since my host pc is too slow and does not have
    > enough memory to support two simultaneous sessions. I will setup a test on
    > another PC. What is not mentioned is whether "Fast User Switching" has to
    > be setup on the host pc in order for this to work.
    > Are you at SP2 and do you have FUS support on?
    > As for your sat card, don't have a clue!

Remote Desktop Computers Microsoft Windows XP