REMOTE DESKTOP works with one remote computer but not anot..

April 1, 2005 4:06:01 AM

Remote Desktop Connection works with one friends computer, but then not two
other friends.

Anyone know what may be happening?
______________________________
______________________________
Joliett
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 4:06:02 AM

Joliett wrote:
> Remote Desktop Connection works with one friends computer, but then
> not two other friends.

With the great detail included in your post, I would guess your other
friends need computers.

Seriously - we need a bit more to go on.. Suggested issues...

1) They have Windows XP Home edition (thus, do not have Remote Desktop
capability.)
2) They are behind a NAT/Router and do not have the proper ports forwarded.
3) Their firewall is on and the proper ports are not opened.

There are other possibilities.. But we would need to know a bit more about
each configuration, etc.

--
<- Shenan ->
April 1, 2005 3:06:47 PM

I was going to suggest that he needs "friend upgrades" - i.e. professional
friends instead of home friends.