S-VCD: How to create title screen?

Newbie question:

Other than using NERO, can someone suggest a way I could include a
simple title screen on an S-VCD? Nothing fancy, just a plain 'ole
static picture to occupy the screen until the viewer decides to start
the video.

Whenever I try to look up my question on google, I get a bunch of
tutorials teaching me how to create a photo album VCD. Obviously,
that's not what I'm trying to do.

<opticreep@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Newbie question:
>
> Other than using NERO, can someone suggest a way I could include a
> simple title screen on an S-VCD? Nothing fancy, just a plain 'ole
> static picture to occupy the screen until the viewer decides to start
> the video.
>
> Whenever I try to look up my question on google, I get a bunch of
> tutorials teaching me how to create a photo album VCD. Obviously,
> that's not what I'm trying to do.

A lot would depend on your DVD Player. Some can even
play "Mini-DVD" which could be basically your SVCD
Authored as a DVD with menus and all, but on a CD. I was
doing that a few of years ago, and there are sure to be more
players that can do this now. One other benefit is that six of
these "Mini-DVD"s fit on a regular DVD if you want to do so
later.

Luck;
Ken

I'll ring in on this one.

I recently did a training DVD for a client. The total project size ended up
being about 600 megabytes, well within the CD-ROM limit and leaving much
unused space on a DVD.

We did the project in Adobe Encore DVD with motion menus, navigation et al
as if it were going to be a DVD.

When we output it, we put a CD-R in the burner and told it to burn away. I
believe we changed the project or disc settings to reflect the new disc
size.

What we got when the burn finished was a disc playable in ALL the standalone
DVD players and DVD-ROM drives we tried - as if it were just a "mini-DVD."

Hope this helps...

Chris

"C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> I'll ring in on this one.
>
> I recently did a training DVD for a client. The total project size ended
> up being about 600 megabytes, well within the CD-ROM limit and leaving
> much unused space on a DVD.
>
> We did the project in Adobe Encore DVD with motion menus, navigation et al
> as if it were going to be a DVD.
>
> When we output it, we put a CD-R in the burner and told it to burn away. I
> believe we changed the project or disc settings to reflect the new disc
> size.
>
> What we got when the burn finished was a disc playable in ALL the
> standalone DVD players and DVD-ROM drives we tried - as if it were just a
> "mini-DVD."
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> Chris

One thing that I did notice when I was doing them was that
I had to burn the CD as an ISO not as UDF or UDF/ISO,
to get the menus working right.

Luck;
Ken

any DVD authoring software that offers S-VCD could do this-- Pinnacle
express DV is one that comes to mind.

look more at video apps, either editing apps that also burn or dedicated
DVD/vCD burning apps that do only video.

--
Brian Alves

Listen to the new podcast
for DV creators- The DV Show!