How to stream live video ?

Hello - I would like to know where I can read and discuss on how to stream
live video to the net in real time. I'm starting from scratch so I'd like to
read on how the process works, the equipment needed (i.e. camra, pc's,
software, hardware etc,...) and services etc. Are there any newsgroups that
specifically share and support info regardomg this? There are a couple
shows coming up for my school, and they'd like to have it streamed to the
net. Thanks for your input.

Real time streaming of a digital video signal is first passed through an
encoder then to a server specifically set up for streaming- either a
Windows, Real or Quicktime server.

Here are some details:

Using a Real streaming server (Helix):
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/atc/materials/streaming/live.shtml

Using a Quicktime streaming server:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tools_tips/tutorials/delivery.html

Using a Windows media server:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/compare/webservvstreamserv.asp

Feel free to email me to ask me more questions I would be glad to help you
get set up and spend the least.

--
Brian Alves

Listen to the new podcast
for DV creators- The DV Show!
http://www.thedvshow.com

Johnny Clark <johhnyc@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello - I would like to know where I can read and discuss on how to
stream
> live video to the net in real time. I'm starting from scratch so I'd like
> read on how the process works, the equipment needed (i.e. camra, pc's,
> software, hardware etc,...) and services etc. Are there any newsgroups
that
> specifically share and support info regardomg this? There are a couple
> shows coming up for my school, and they'd like to have it streamed to the
> net. Thanks for your input.

TRENDING THREADS