Problems with Panasonic Lumix FZ5-EB and SD Cards

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 18, 2005 10:38:55 PM

I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ5-EB (does anyone know the
difference between a FZ5-EB and a FZ5-BB?) and found that it would
not recognize a 1 GB SD card produced by Corsaire.

I then bought a 512 Mb SD card produced by PNY but it cannot format
this either.

Both of these cards work fine in other cameras. Has anyone else had
this problem, or does anyone know a way around it.

Many thanks,
John

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Digital-Cameras-Problems-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=306551
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:55:00 PM

> *From:* Spudz <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com>
> *Date:* 18 Aug 2005 18:38:55 -0400

> Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know
> a way around it.

If nobody can help you could do worse than registering here...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033&...

Andrew McP
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:45:11 AM

Spudz wrote:
> I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ5-EB (does anyone know the
> difference between a FZ5-EB and a FZ5-BB?) and found that it would
> not recognize a 1 GB SD card produced by Corsaire.
>
> I then bought a 512 Mb SD card produced by PNY but it cannot format
> this either.
>
> Both of these cards work fine in other cameras. Has anyone else had
> this problem, or does anyone know a way around it.
>
> Many thanks,
> John

since it's a new camera, i'd take it to a service and let them find out the
problem, but i'd say it's camera's fault...
I only hope that this EB and BB difference isn't that EB is old version
which takes only up to 256M cards... :-(
You could also try to find firmware update if that helps...
!