Windows 7 internet connection troubleshooting

AVG10 popped up and said I had Trojans attempting to hack pc. I uninstalled Frostwire and limewire, along with AVG. After that, I had turned off pc, unplugged modem and rebooted. My wireless laptop and game console are connecting via wi-fi just fine; my ethernet connected pc can't connect. I tried following instructions for reconnecting to net with no luck. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows internet connection troubleshooting
  1. disconnect cable,remove existing wired network card driver from device manager and restart pc.
    then connect the net cable.
  2. It's too late you do have a trojan virus, one of the first things some viruses do is disable net access. :non:
    Besides scrubbing the system down to a bare drive and reinstall ( you have been backing it up right? )
    In windows safe mode create a new user account, switch to it and import your files, delete the old user account, windows regenerates some components when a new account is created, network connections are some of the components.

quick edit added: be sure the entire virus is deleted before you start a new user account, it'll just infect the new account if still functioning.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Internet Connection