Remote desktop behind rouder

jeff

I have a three pc's at home behind a dlink router. I have setup remote
desktop fine for one for them but can't seem to access my other pc? How does
remote desktop know which pc I want to remotely access when I connect through
a router? How can I access my other pc?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to message from "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> (Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:27:02)
about "Remote desktop behind rouder":

> I have a three pc's at home behind a dlink router. I have setup remote desktop fine for
> one for them but can't seem to access my other pc? How does remote desktop know which
> pc I want to remotely access when I connect through a router? How can I access my other
> pc?

> Thanks, Jeff

You have a few options...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDesktopVNCandSSH.
html

...or through a VPN tunnel...

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm

Personally I use the SSH method...

Another SSH option...

http://www.bluestream.org/Networking/SSHTunnelRDP.htm

------
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC

jeff

That's great... Thanks very much!