VPN Port change from 1723 to another

April 4, 2005 12:25:04 PM

Is there a way to change the VPN port that a server computer listens to from
1723 to another port.

I've read that you can do a change in the registry tcpport. I can't locate
the KB article I read that now. I've opened the ports on the router and
forwarded it to the appropriate machine.

After doing that, what is the method of adressing to the vpn from a xp home
sp2 machine using the network setup wizard. is it just the ip address.
"12.34.56.78" or ip address and the port "12.34.56.78:1234?"

A normal vpn connection works fine (standard port) on one machine. I am
trying to open up another machine behind the router.

TIA

More about : vpn port change 1723

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:16:32 PM