VPN Port change from 1723 to another

Is there a way to change the VPN port that a server computer listens to from
1723 to another port.

I've read that you can do a change in the registry tcpport. I can't locate
the KB article I read that now. I've opened the ports on the router and
forwarded it to the appropriate machine.

After doing that, what is the method of adressing to the vpn from a xp home
sp2 machine using the network setup wizard. is it just the ip address.
"12.34.56.78" or ip address and the port "12.34.56.78:1234?"

A normal vpn connection works fine (standard port) on one machine. I am
trying to open up another machine behind the router.

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about port change 1723 another

    AFAIK you can not do that...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "billinny" <billinny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to change the VPN port that a server computer listens to from
    > 1723 to another port.
    >
    > I've read that you can do a change in the registry tcpport. I can't locate
    > the KB article I read that now. I've opened the ports on the router and
    > forwarded it to the appropriate machine.
    >
    > After doing that, what is the method of adressing to the vpn from a xp home
    > sp2 machine using the network setup wizard. is it just the ip address.
    > "12.34.56.78" or ip address and the port "12.34.56.78:1234?"
    >
    > A normal vpn connection works fine (standard port) on one machine. I am
    > trying to open up another machine behind the router.
    >
    > TIA

IP Address VPN Windows XP