Camera suggestions

I am going to be starting an English Literature and Film course at uni this
year in September, I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a digital
camera? It will primarily be used for motion capture rather than
photography. I will be using it in conjunction with a laptop so something
usb compatible would be a real bonus, I don't mind 2nd hand items infact I
prefer them! God bless ebay lol! :)

My price bracket? Around £150-250 or about $225-325 (i think), not allot but
its all I can afford atm!
3 answers Last reply
More about camera suggestions

    "REMUS" <suk@itspambot.com> wrote in message
    >I am going to be starting an English Literature and Film course at uni this
    >year in September, I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a digital
    >camera? It will primarily be used for motion capture rather than
    >photography. I will be using it in conjunction with a laptop so something
    >usb compatible would be a real bonus, I don't mind 2nd hand items infact I
    >prefer them! God bless ebay lol! :)
    >
    > My price bracket? Around £150-250 or about $225-325 (i think), not allot
    > but its all I can afford atm!

    If you want video, get a video camera.
    Still cameras are not very good video cameras.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    REMUS wrote:
    > I am going to be starting an English Literature and Film course at
    > uni this year in September, I was wondering if anyone could recommend
    > me a digital camera? It will primarily be used for motion capture
    > rather than photography. I will be using it in conjunction with a
    > laptop so something usb compatible would be a real bonus, I don't
    > mind 2nd hand items infact I prefer them! God bless ebay lol! :)
    >
    > My price bracket? Around £150-250 or about $225-325 (i think), not
    > allot but its all I can afford atm!

    check out Canon S1 IS...since it's old model, recently replaced by S2, used
    one can be obtained pretty cheap (i bet even new one), i guess. And Video
    capture is quite excellent (640x480 @30 fps). Only if you will want longer
    video clips, get at least 1G card, which will suffuce for about 8 minutes of
    video at highest resolution.
    On the other hand, if you will do mostly video, maybe a video camera is a
    good idea, but then again, if you want one of a good quality, it will be
    expensive. No matter what people say, decent digital camera is still
    expensive, and still shots are not always possible, but if they are, they
    can't compare with any digital still camera. While if you look to analog VHS
    camera, S1 shoots better than any VHS except veeeery expensive ones. I can
    get you a demo video clip with my S2 and put it on my server, if you want to
    see, since S1 and S2 video part is the same except S2 has stereo sound while
    S1 has mono one. Just state if you have fast enough connection, since such
    clips are pretty big - about 2 M per second.

Cameras Peripherals