Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How can I copy files from a CPRM-protected DVD-RW recorded..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 1, 2005 4:06:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi all,

How can I remove CPRM-protection from a DVD-RW????

I made my first recordings using a Maxell DVD-RW, with my brand new
Pioneer DVR-220S DVD-R recorder.

Now I want to ripp the files from the disk and edit and author the
material with my PC to a DVD+R.
But this CPRM-protection is keeping me away from my own recordings!
What the heck is going on here?

I've tried (almost) everything: making an ISO file from the DVD-RW
with DVD Decrypter to HD, viewing that ISO with ISOBuster, I can see
the files, but I can't copy them, why I don't know, the program is
fully registered and paid for, it must be that CPRM that keeps me from
my own files.

I was (probably) wrong to buy 3 CPRM protected DVD-RW's, I did not
notice, I always use DVD+R disks with my DVD-NEC2510 burner on my PC.
But now I have to buy DVD-R because Pioneer won't accept DVD+R, and
now this CPRM creeps up.
I will buy in the future DVD-RW,s *without* CPRM! If they even exist.

Please, help me find a way to get my files of those CPRM disks.

I think this whole CPRM is a bad idea, nice for extra protection on
DVD-movies, maybe, but not for normal home use.

TIA!

William.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 9:16:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:06:19 +0200, Wim <wdeg@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I've tried (almost) everything: making an ISO file from the DVD-RW
>with DVD Decrypter to HD, viewing that ISO with ISOBuster, I can see
>the files, but I can't copy them, why I don't know, the program is
>fully registered and paid for, it must be that CPRM that keeps me from
>my own files.

Just demuxing the files from the RW using DVDDecryptor in IFO
mode didn't work for you, either?
-----------------------------------------------------
Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
-----------------------------------------------------
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!
April 2, 2005 5:54:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Wim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I remove CPRM-protection from a DVD-RW????
>
> I made my first recordings using a Maxell DVD-RW, with my brand new
> Pioneer DVR-220S DVD-R recorder.
>
> Now I want to ripp the files from the disk and edit and author the
> material with my PC to a DVD+R.
> But this CPRM-protection is keeping me away from my own recordings!
> What the heck is going on here?
>
> I've tried (almost) everything: making an ISO file from the DVD-RW
> with DVD Decrypter to HD, viewing that ISO with ISOBuster, I can see
> the files, but I can't copy them, why I don't know, the program is
> fully registered and paid for, it must be that CPRM that keeps me from
> my own files.
>
> I was (probably) wrong to buy 3 CPRM protected DVD-RW's, I did not
> notice, I always use DVD+R disks with my DVD-NEC2510 burner on my PC.
> But now I have to buy DVD-R because Pioneer won't accept DVD+R, and
> now this CPRM creeps up.
> I will buy in the future DVD-RW,s *without* CPRM! If they even exist.
>
> Please, help me find a way to get my files of those CPRM disks.
>
> I think this whole CPRM is a bad idea, nice for extra protection on
> DVD-movies, maybe, but not for normal home use.
>
> TIA!
>
> William.

I'm curious about CPRM too. It just came up for us at work. We bought some one
off stand alone DVD recorders to free up our encoder. The idea was to give the
client a DVD to walk with or make one DVD and duplicate on our tower DVD dubber.
But DVDs made on the stand alone recorder will NOT duplicate. Can't even peek
into the failed copy with DVD Shrink. Goggling around on this subject it seems
to be a function of the DVD recorder AND the particular DVD disks. Is a work
around simply a matter of finding DVD disks that don't have CPRM already burned
on them?
All we want to do is send a composite video and audio signal to the DVD recorder
(content we own) and make a DVD that we can duplicate.
Related resources
April 3, 2005 3:20:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:16:52 -0500, you wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:06:19 +0200, Wim <wdeg@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>>I've tried (almost) everything: making an ISO file from the DVD-RW
>>with DVD Decrypter to HD, viewing that ISO with ISOBuster, I can see
>>the files, but I can't copy them, why I don't know, the program is
>>fully registered and paid for, it must be that CPRM that keeps me from
>>my own files.
>
> Just demuxing the files from the RW using DVDDecryptor in IFO
>mode didn't work for you, either?
>-----------------------------------------------------

In DVDD I can't even see the files! At any mode. The DVD-RW from the
Pioneer DVD recorder I made to test, I forgot to finalize, that's the
trouble. I did finalized with DVDD, but still those files are
unreachable, and one was missing, when I looked with ISObuster.
I will make a new test recording and finalize on the Pioneer, let's
see, if that works, if not, it's the new CPRM that screws things up.

Then I will use a DVD-RW *without* CPRM factory-burned into it. And
then try again. If that fails too, I will be very angry, and return
the Pioneer DVD-Recorder, because it will be useless to me.

Thanks for you attention.

BTW, it seems, according to Pioneers engineers I talked to, that you
cant even copy the data from the HD from a Pioneer DVD/HardDrive
recorder with firewire. Is that known to anybody? Or are they wrong?

William.
April 4, 2005 9:11:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Wim" <wdeg@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:8dro415l0fuettip03br42g93n914rahij@4ax.com...
> Hi all,
>
> How can I remove CPRM-protection from a DVD-RW????
>
> I made my first recordings using a Maxell DVD-RW, with my brand new
> Pioneer DVR-220S DVD-R recorder.
>
> Now I want to ripp the files from the disk and edit and author the
> material with my PC to a DVD+R.
> But this CPRM-protection is keeping me away from my own recordings!
> What the heck is going on here?
>
> I've tried (almost) everything: making an ISO file from the DVD-RW
> with DVD Decrypter to HD, viewing that ISO with ISOBuster, I can see
> the files, but I can't copy them, why I don't know, the program is
> fully registered and paid for, it must be that CPRM that keeps me from
> my own files.
>
> I was (probably) wrong to buy 3 CPRM protected DVD-RW's, I did not
> notice, I always use DVD+R disks with my DVD-NEC2510 burner on my PC.
> But now I have to buy DVD-R because Pioneer won't accept DVD+R, and
> now this CPRM creeps up.
> I will buy in the future DVD-RW,s *without* CPRM! If they even exist.
>
> Please, help me find a way to get my files of those CPRM disks.
>
> I think this whole CPRM is a bad idea, nice for extra protection on
> DVD-movies, maybe, but not for normal home use.
>
> TIA!
>
> William.
>
>
The only way around CORM is to use a DVD - ROM player that doesn't have the
chip inside it that recognizes license codes. The early 2X DVD drives that
were built before all the video devices were chipped is probably a good bet
for you . They are slow, and probably won't recognize DVD-R or DVD +R disks,
but they can still be used to output a clean video stream from commercial
DVD disks. It is for that reason I didn't get rid of mine when I 'upgraded'
my drives all those many years ago... that ancient clunker is worth its
weight in platinum.
April 7, 2005 6:34:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Greysky" <greyskynospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>The only way around CORM is to use a DVD - ROM player that doesn't have the
>chip inside it that recognizes license codes. The early 2X DVD drives that
>were built before all the video devices were chipped is probably a good bet
>for you . They are slow, and probably won't recognize DVD-R or DVD +R disks,
>but they can still be used to output a clean video stream from commercial
>DVD disks. It is for that reason I didn't get rid of mine when I 'upgraded'
>my drives all those many years ago... that ancient clunker is worth its
>weight in platinum.
>

Thanks, but I solved my problem, I totally erased the DVD-RW+CPRM with
Nero, and made another test recording on the Pioneer DVD220S and
finalized the disk, the result was a "normal" DVD I could ripp with
DVDD, and further process with my usual software.

The main reason I'm doing this, is that in the future I want to use a
DVD-standalone Recorder instead of my computer, to capture.

Now it seems to work....

And the good news is that Pioneer now makes DVD-standalone Recorders
that can handle both DVD-R and DVD+R.
They caved!



William.
!