Login to VPN with limited user account and special rights ?

April 5, 2005 11:20:25 AM

Hi,

I have setup a VPN and I can only login to the VPN with adminstrator
accounts.

I want other people to connect to my VPN but I do not want them to have
adminstrator rights to prevent trouble etc.

I tried adding a limited user account to the "Remote Desktop Users" group
and I also tried to give the user "Allow logon through Terminal Services"
rights but both didn't help...

The limited user account can not login into the VPN ?

So my question is how can I allow other people to connect to my VPN but at
the same time make sure they don't do any bad stuff... ?!?!?

This VPN is ment to be used to play games which need to work with UDP/IP
packets/broadcasts.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 4:17:20 PM

Hi Skybuck,

Thank you for posting here!

I understand that you have resolved the issue from your second post.
Please let me know if this is not correct. However, I have already
responded to another question in your second thread. So please check my
answer there and if you need any further assistance on this particular
issue, please reply to me in that thread so I can follow up with you in
time. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Tom Che

Microsoft Online Partner Support