Alternative to MS Remote Desktop?

Hello,

I want to install an XP HOME edition machine in the office. What is the
best alternative to REMOTE DESKTOP INCOMING? I remember a product called
PCAnywhere, may have a look at it. Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Gary.

UltraVNC works well for me in that situation plus its FREE...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Because the native VNC data stream (any flavor of VNC) is not encrypted if you use it over the
public internet either use the encryption plugin...

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

....or run it through a SSH or VPN tunnel for security...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDesktopVNCandSSH.html

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Gary Whittle" <gary@1.com> wrote in message news:d30isv$rhu$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk...
> Hello,
>
> I want to install an XP HOME edition machine in the office. What is the
> best alternative to REMOTE DESKTOP INCOMING? I remember a product called
> PCAnywhere, may have a look at it. Any other suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Just a few 2 choose from.

http://www.snapfiles.com/shareware/network/swremote.html

Gary Whittle schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I want to install an XP HOME edition machine in the office. What is the
> best alternative to REMOTE DESKTOP INCOMING? I remember a product called
> PCAnywhere, may have a look at it. Any other suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary.

Well you can try TightVNC UltraVNC and a lot of otherfree programs if
you search VNC you will find enough