Subtitles in DVD-lab Pro run off the screen.

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • DVD
  • Desktops
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2005 10:43:46 PM

I've been using DVD-Lab Pro to add subtitles to DVDs with great success so
far. However, with one 4:3 movie, the subtitles start in the middle of the
screen and run off the right edge. They also look stretched sideways.

I'm using the same settings as with my other projects, and I'm working from
a simple .srt file. Any idea where I should look for troubleshooting?

jaybee

More about : subtitles dvd lab pro run screen

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 1:53:32 AM

"Jacques E. Bouchard" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> I've been using DVD-Lab Pro to add subtitles to DVDs with great
> success so far. However, with one 4:3 movie, the subtitles start in
> the middle of the screen and run off the right edge. They also look
> stretched sideways.
>
> I'm using the same settings as with my other projects, and I'm working
> from a simple .srt file. Any idea where I should look for
> troubleshooting?

Screen caps of the settings in DVD-lab Pro as well as the finished effect
on screen can be seen here:

http://s95253784.onlinehome.us/subsettings.jpg

http://s95253784.onlinehome.us/subtitles.jpg

jaybee
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:54:33 AM

> "Jacques E. Bouchard" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
>
>> I've been using DVD-Lab Pro to add subtitles to DVDs with great
>> success so far. However, with one 4:3 movie, the subtitles start in
>> the middle of the screen and run off the right edge. They also look
>> stretched sideways.
>>
>> I'm using the same settings as with my other projects, and I'm
>> working from a simple .srt file. Any idea where I should look for
>> troubleshooting?
>
> Screen caps of the settings in DVD-lab Pro as well as the finished
> effect on screen can be seen here:
>
> http://s95253784.onlinehome.us/subsettings.jpg
>
> http://s95253784.onlinehome.us/subtitles.jpg

Okay, I found that smoeone else experienced the same problem as me on
the Mediachance forums (http://www.mmbforums.com/phpbb). I found one
reply that said:

"No it is not a bug. In DVD, all subtitles must be full D1 (either
720x480 or 720x 576), regardless of the video frame size."

However, I have no idea how to set my subtitles to full D1. Can anyone
explain this to me?

Thank you.

jaybee
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 4:15:33 AM

"Jacques E. Bouchard" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> I've been using DVD-Lab Pro to add subtitles to DVDs with great
> success so far. However, with one 4:3 movie, the subtitles start in
> the middle of the screen and run off the right edge. They also look
> stretched sideways.
>
> I'm using the same settings as with my other projects, and I'm working
> from a simple .srt file. Any idea where I should look for
> troubleshooting?

Okay, I'm replying for the benefit of anyone who might, in the future,
Google this very same problem.

The problem is with the DVD player software (in this case PowerDVD and
VLC), which doesn't display subtitles properly on a 4:3 film. Once burned
to DVD, the movie played flawlessly on my standalone player.

jaybee
!