Will new "DUAL CORE" Intel CHips cut it with HDV editing?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 3, 2005 3:51:05 PM

Will the new upcoming Intell chips with Dual Core technology in effect be
the same as dual socket chips, in either words would a 3.4 GHZ dual core
chip (when released) be able to do 1080i HDV editing?

Jeff
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 4:04:02 PM

"Who knows?"

Until it/they hit(s) the streets, as with anything else, we have no way of
knowing for sure.

Speculate away!

C.

"jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message news:LhU3e.5636$vm.1138@fe11.lga...
> Will the new upcoming Intell chips with Dual Core technology in effect be
> the same as dual socket chips, in either words would a 3.4 GHZ dual core
> chip (when released) be able to do 1080i HDV editing?
>
> Jeff

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 5:11:55 PM

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:51:05 -0400, "jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote:

>Will the new upcoming Intell chips with Dual Core technology in effect be
>the same as dual socket chips, in either words would a 3.4 GHZ dual core
>chip (when released) be able to do 1080i HDV editing?

From what I understand, even current P4 3.4 Ghz or so processors with
adaquete RAM are currently able to handle HDV editing.
!