Will new "DUAL CORE" Intel CHips cut it with HDV editing?

Will the new upcoming Intell chips with Dual Core technology in effect be
the same as dual socket chips, in either words would a 3.4 GHZ dual core
chip (when released) be able to do 1080i HDV editing?

Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about will dual core intel chips editing

    "Who knows?"

    Until it/they hit(s) the streets, as with anything else, we have no way of
    knowing for sure.

    Speculate away!

    C.

    On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:51:05 -0400, "jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote:

    >Will the new upcoming Intell chips with Dual Core technology in effect be
    >the same as dual socket chips, in either words would a 3.4 GHZ dual core
    >chip (when released) be able to do 1080i HDV editing?

    From what I understand, even current P4 3.4 Ghz or so processors with
    adaquete RAM are currently able to handle HDV editing.

Tuner Cards Desktops Intel Dual Core Graphics