Pinnacle DVD500+ and WinXP SP2

jeff

Just curious, been using my dvd500+ on a win ME box.

Will the DVD500+ work okay on a win xp sp2 box with a 2.4GHZ non HT cpu and
512 Megs ram?

Does there come a speed or processor size where a card like the dvd500 is no
longer necessary that everything can be done in software?

Jeff

jeff wrote:

> Just curious, been using my dvd500+ on a win ME box.
> Will the DVD500+ work okay on a win xp sp2 box with a 2.4GHZ non HT cpu and
> 512 Megs ram?

I would not chance going with SP2. You can run XP and all the updates
WTIHOUT SP2 and all should be well. I have used the DV500+ that way with
no problems. There were those in the webforum that expressed major
concerns when they went with SP2 update.

> Does there come a speed or processor size where a card like the dvd500 is no
> longer necessary that everything can be done in software?

With the rendering part, the faster the computer, the faster the
rendering (the 3D stuff and any 3rd party add-ons). The Pinnacle
transitions are all in realtime no matter what the processor speed is.
But if you are doing PiP, multi-layered stuff and plenty of FX, then a
faster machine will be of help.

"jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message news:CZW3e.14650$lw1.3377@fe12.lga...
> Just curious, been using my dvd500+ on a win ME box.
>
> Will the DVD500+ work okay on a win xp sp2 box with a 2.4GHZ non HT cpu
> and 512 Megs ram?
>
> Does there come a speed or processor size where a card like the dvd500 is
> no longer necessary that everything can be done in software?
>
> Jeff

I gave up my Pinnacle Pro-One RTDV when I went to Premiere Pro 1.5. (had to,
not supported) It works just fine with an Adaptec firewire adapter and I
don't know why I'd ever need a card. Would the Matrox RT.X10/100 speed
things up that much? I doubt it.

I'm running 2.6GHZ HT (which I have to turn the HT off or Premiere crashes)
and up untill recently 512 MB RAM (Now 1 GB for RED GL)

jeff

"Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Just curious, been using my dvd500+ on a win ME box.
>>
>> Will the DVD500+ work okay on a win xp sp2 box with a 2.4GHZ non HT cpu
>> and 512 Megs ram?
>>
>> Does there come a speed or processor size where a card like the dvd500 is
>> no longer necessary that everything can be done in software?
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> I gave up my Pinnacle Pro-One RTDV when I went to Premiere Pro 1.5. (had
> to, not supported) It works just fine with an Adaptec firewire adapter and
> I don't know why I'd ever need a card. Would the Matrox RT.X10/100 speed
> things up that much? I doubt it.
>
> I'm running 2.6GHZ HT (which I have to turn the HT off or Premiere
> crashes) and up untill recently 512 MB RAM (Now 1 GB for RED GL)

Cuorious, turning HT off, why? Is this a rule in general?

Jef

"jeff" <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message news:MhY3e.15958$q36.6610@fe10.lga...

>> I'm running 2.6GHZ HT (which I have to turn the HT off or Premiere
>> crashes) and up untill recently 512 MB RAM (Now 1 GB for RED GL)
>>

> Cuorious, turning HT off, why? Is this a rule in general?
>
> Jef

If I turn on HT PPro will lock or crash on occasion and with Premiere 6.5 I
couldn't run at all with it on.

I'm not sure if it's a general rule but when people have posted about
problems with Premiere, turning off HT is suggested.