CS Problems Since last update.

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Hi more trouble with Steam/CS.

Since updating CS, through Steam, up to the latest content, I've been
getting some problems making the game completely unplayable.
I'm able to connect to a server ok, with the server browser showing
reasonable pings like before.
But once connected my ping becomes wildly variable.
Pings go from around 170 up to 4000 or more, before I've even managed to buy
anything.
This is accompanied by 'cl_flush_entity_ packet' errors showing up followed
by 'connection problem' warnings.
I've not been able to play on a single server. The game just crashes my
whole system now everytime I try with the same problem.

in my '..../counterstrike/errorlogs' folder I've got a couple of log files
both with this in it from my last couple of attempts to play:

Error:Failed to load dialog file Resource/UI/ClassMenu.res

Function trace:
CGameUI::Start
CGameUI::Initialize
CBaseUI::Start
CBaseUI::Initialize
Host_Init
CFileSystem_Steam::Mount()

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Uzi

alex

"Uzi" <rapandrandb@suks.com> wrote in message
> Hi more trouble with Steam/CS.
>
> Since updating CS, through Steam, up to the latest content, I've been
> getting some problems making the game completely unplayable.
> I'm able to connect to a server ok, with the server browser showing
> reasonable pings like before.
> But once connected my ping becomes wildly variable.
> Pings go from around 170 up to 4000 or more, before I've even managed to
buy
> anything.
> This is accompanied by 'cl_flush_entity_ packet' errors showing up
followed
> by 'connection problem' warnings.
> I've not been able to play on a single server. The game just crashes my
> whole system now everytime I try with the same problem.
>
> in my '..../counterstrike/errorlogs' folder I've got a couple of log files
> both with this in it from my last couple of attempts to play:
>
> Error:Failed to load dialog file Resource/UI/ClassMenu.res
>
> Function trace:
> CGameUI::Start
> CGameUI::Initialize
> CBaseUI::Start
> CBaseUI::Initialize
> Host_Init
> CFileSystem_Steam::Mount()
>

> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Uzi
Kinda simple, but make sure your settings in steam for internet connection
type reflect what you actually have.
It worked for me.

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Ian <spam@licks.sack> wrote in message
> On 20 Aug 2004 10:33:06 -0500, "Uzi" <rapandrandb@suks.com> wrote:
> They're trying to force you to get a highspeed connection now ;-)

LOL