sony cybershot dsc-s40 and memory stick problems!!

I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on

the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
memory stick?
1 answer Last reply
More about sony cybershot memory stick problems

    <bibekd@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
    > take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
    > pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
    > pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on
    >
    > the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
    > thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
    > says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
    > the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
    > stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
    > memory stick?

    I don't use a computer for formatting camera cards, sticks, etc., or writing
    photos to a memory card with a computer.

    I only use a computer for downloading photos with a Zion card reader.

    You can get the card messed up by formatting it with a computer. I ruined a
    couple of cards several years back. I've never been able to use the ruined
    cards again.

    I think a computer uses a different kind of formatting.

    Bob

Cameras Memory Peripherals