sony cybershot dsc-s40 and memory stick problems!!

I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on

the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
memory stick?

<bibekd@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
> take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
> pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
> pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on
>
> the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
> thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
> says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
> the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
> stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
> memory stick?

I don't use a computer for formatting camera cards, sticks, etc., or writing
photos to a memory card with a computer.

I only use a computer for downloading photos with a Zion card reader.

You can get the card messed up by formatting it with a computer. I ruined a
couple of cards several years back. I've never been able to use the ruined
cards again.

I think a computer uses a different kind of formatting.

Bob