Canopus ADVC 100 or 110

Is the Canopus ADVC 110 a replacement for the 100? I was just about to
buy a 100 and saw an ad for the 110, confusing!!!

Bill
12 answers Last reply
More about canopus advc

    I for got to ask, how does it compare to the ADS Pyro A/V Link unit???
    Bill

    Anything from Canopus is superior to ADS, IMO.

    In article <%NZ3e.3194$k57.40@fed1read07>, billandmary2@cox.net says...
    >Is the Canopus ADVC 110 a replacement for the 100? I was just about to
    >buy a 100 and saw an ad for the 110, confusing!!!

    Hi, can you tell me where you saw the ADVC-100 model for sale? It's one
    I'm considering also, but it's a discontinued model.

    --

    Emails sent to janice@mailinator.com will not be read.
    Send emails to janice240obe@yahoo.com instead.

    "Wlengel" <billandmary2@cox.net> wrote in message news:%NZ3e.3194$k57.40@fed1read07...
    > Is the Canopus ADVC 110 a replacement for the 100? I was just about to
    > buy a 100 and saw an ad for the 110, confusing!!!
    >
    > Bill

    Simple math: 110 equals 100 minus Macrovision bypass capability.

    In article <Ni14e.2752$EE2.2411@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    nospam@earthlink.net says...

    >Simple math: 110 equals 100 minus Macrovision bypass capability.

    Is the method described on this website the correct way to enable the
    100's Macrovision bypass capability?

    http://gigo.com/archives/Blog/canopus_advc100_converter.html

    --

    Emails sent to janice@mailinator.com will not be read.
    Send emails to janice240obe@yahoo.com instead.

    Saw several on E-Bay but it was several weeks ago. Did not know that it
    had been discontinued, too bad, the macrovision trick sounds good!
    Bill

    In article <fvh4e.3358$k57.2292@fed1read07>, billandmary2@cox.net says...
    >Saw several on E-Bay but it was several weeks ago. Did not know that it
    >had been discontinued, too bad, the macrovision trick sounds good!

    I saw some on eBay also, but they had a lot of bidders competing. If I
    find a retailer who still has some in stock I'll post a link.

    --

    "Janice" <janice@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1cbbbb4d2e7c5e3398a304@news.individual.net...
    > In article <fvh4e.3358$k57.2292@fed1read07>, billandmary2@cox.net says...
    > >Saw several on E-Bay but it was several weeks ago. Did not know that it
    > >had been discontinued, too bad, the macrovision trick sounds good!
    >
    > I saw some on eBay also, but they had a lot of bidders competing. If I
    > find a retailer who still has some in stock I'll post a link.

    Highly doubtful..

    "Rick" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > "Janice" <janice@mailinator.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <fvh4e.3358$k57.2292@fed1read07>, billandmary2@cox.net says...
    >> >Saw several on E-Bay but it was several weeks ago. Did not know that it
    >> >had been discontinued, too bad, the macrovision trick sounds good!
    >>
    >> I saw some on eBay also, but they had a lot of bidders competing. If I
    >> find a retailer who still has some in stock I'll post a link.
    >
    > Highly doubtful..

    The best route here is to get the best deal on the 110 and then use Sima
    CT-2 GoDVD for macro. removal.

    On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:00:36 -0400, Janice <janice@mailinator.com>
    wrote:

    >>Saw several on E-Bay but it was several weeks ago. Did not know that it
    >>had been discontinued, too bad, the macrovision trick sounds good!
    >
    >I saw some on eBay also, but they had a lot of bidders competing. If I
    >find a retailer who still has some in stock I'll post a link.

    Here's one that still has them in stock.
    http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=cnet.com&id=1003409
    I got one at NewEgg about 3 months ago for $233 but they don't have
    them listed any more.

    In article <t31551tm31k29sp5f9rq69ar9g8bselscb@4ax.com>,
    dfland~NOT_ME~@comcast.net says...

    >>I saw some on eBay also, but they had a lot of bidders competing. If I
    >>find a retailer who still has some in stock I'll post a link.
    >
    >Here's one that still has them in stock.
    >http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=cnet.com&id=1003409
    >I got one at NewEgg about 3 months ago for $233 but they don't have
    >them listed any more.

    Thanks, I turned up that link through CNET last night also. But when I
    looked closely I noticed that the page says, "ADVC-100 / ADVC-110" --
    that is, both models. So it's not certain which you'd get if you
    ordered; they may have just not bothered to update the page any more than
    that when the newer model came out.

    I emailed another company that still has the 100 advertised to ask if
    they really still have it, but no answer yet.

    --

    In article <11545vqrusdjnff@corp.supernews.com>, logos1@trip.net says...

    >The best route here is to get the best deal on the 110 and then use Sima
    >CT-2 GoDVD for macro. removal.

    I've seen the manufacturer's webpage for that:

    http://www.simacorp.com/products/item.ep.html?id=491

    Does it work well with PC video capture devices? The manual only
    discusses hooking it up to a VCR or DVD recorder connected to a TV.

    --

    Emails sent to janice@mailinator.com will not be read.
    Send emails to janice240obe@yahoo.com instead.

Tuner Cards Canopus Desktops Video Graphics