altering DVD 1st play without re-authoring

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

My turn for a newb question...;)

I have a DVD that my company authored a while ago.

NO source files, just a VIDEO_TS folder containing the DVD contents. (VOB
files etc)

The "main movie" is the ONLY video file on the disc.

I want to change the first play to bypass the first chapter and go straight
to chapter 2. (the intro is no longer relevant)

Any utilities out there that'll let me edit a file in the VIDEO_TS folder to
change a first-play?

If I have to re-author, this won't get done; it's not important enough to
invest in the reverse engineering.

I'll do the search on the web and post back if I find anything - running to
dinner right now. ;)

Yeah yeah... I know. Duh. ;)

Thanks,
Chris

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

Go see

www.vcdhelp.com

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

(I knew that was coming ;)

"webpa" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
> Go see
>
> www.vcdhelp.com

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

> www.vcdhelp.com

AKA: www.videohelp.com

;)

VOBblanker. Did exactly what I needed - painlessly.

Well, videohelp.com earned it's keep. :)

Thanks Webpa!

C.