Remote Deskop causes Reboot

matt

I am having this problem with remote desktop connection between XP machines.
The problem that I have is that after using Remote desktop connnection and
disconnect sucessfully. What happens on the Remote Client I would happen to
walk over to the machine and want to log on to it, the machine will then
proceed to restart itself after pressing CTRL ALT DELETE to log on. Anyone
else ever have this or know what the problem could be. The funning this is
this only happens with my XP clients which are all at SP2 by the way. If I
would happend to do this with my 2003 server, it doesn't spontaneously
reboot.

Thanks for the help.
Matt

"Matt141" wrote:
> I am having this problem with remote desktop connection
> between XP machines.
> The problem that I have is that after using Remote desktop
> connnection and
> disconnect sucessfully. What happens on the Remote Client I
> would happen to
> walk over to the machine and want to log on to it, the machine
> will then
> proceed to restart itself after pressing CTRL ALT DELETE to
> log on. Anyone
> else ever have this or know what the problem could be. The
> funning this is
> this only happens with my XP clients which are all at SP2 by
> the way. If I
> would happend to do this with my 2003 server, it doesn't
> spontaneously
> reboot.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Matt

I am experiencing this too. After using remote desktop to machine B
from A, and then pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del on the B PC, it rebooted, other
times, you can login, and then it rebooted...

I am sure the R.D. did something, but not sure what though.

:roll:

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Remote-Deskop-Reboot-ftopict357346.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1148857