Ati TV Wonder Guide+ listing without internet

Hello,

I just purchased an ati tv wonder tuner.

I thought that the guide+ listings were downloaded automatically
through the cable coax, no internet connection required.

Is this true? Will the guide+ listings appear on the guideplus app
automatically or do I need to connect to the internet?

My guide+ television gets its programming schedules via this manner.
However, the only option I see in the ati software is to download the
listings from the net.

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about guide listing internet

    "jray75" wrote ...
    > I thought that the guide+ listings were downloaded automatically
    > through the cable coax, no internet connection required.
    >
    > Is this true? Will the guide+ listings appear on the guideplus app
    > automatically or do I need to connect to the internet?
    >
    > My guide+ television gets its programming schedules via this manner.
    > However, the only option I see in the ati software is to download the
    > listings from the net.

    Yes, you need to connect to the internet to update your Guide+ listings.
    (it's not that bad .. I have dialup and it only takes a few minutes)

    Your TV version is likely DIGITAL CABLE TV. If it is, I'm not sure how your
    analog AIW card will work, if at all. If you don't have digital cable then
    the listings you see on your TV are provided by your cable company directly
    (as a regular broadcast) ... OR another option is that your Guide+ TV has a
    phone connection and dials up an 800 number in the middle of the night to
    get updated.

    --
    Richard Amirault N1JDU
    Boston, MA, USA Go Fly A Kite

    In article <1112883204.396803.46920@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    jkolda@gmail.com says...
    > Subject: Ati TV Wonder Guide+ listing without internet
    > From: "jray75" <jkolda@gmail.com>
    > Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just purchased an ati tv wonder tuner.
    >
    > I thought that the guide+ listings were downloaded automatically
    > through the cable coax, no internet connection required.
    >
    > Is this true? Will the guide+ listings appear on the guideplus app
    > automatically or do I need to connect to the internet?
    >
    > My guide+ television gets its programming schedules via this manner.
    > However, the only option I see in the ati software is to download the
    > listings from the net.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Does your television get the guides or is it your cable box that does
    this? I wasn't aware the AIW cards could decode digital cable signals.
    --
    _________________________
    http://www.ramsays-online.com

    Thank you for the reply,

    No, my cable is not digital. It is the ol' analog.

    I know guide+ listings can be pushed out over non-digital cable. It
    depends on your provider. I have lived in 3 different towns over the
    last decade and guide+ has worked at all 3 places. Even dating back to
    the mid 90' prior to digital cable.

    I am hoping since my guide+ TV and VCRs can get thier listings over
    analog cable the ATI card can as well.

    I have this tuner PC set in a storefront display and have no way to get
    internet to the PC.

    Thanks.

    I would have to drive a couple hours to do that via disk, the PC will
    be at an offsite location... hmm.

    Looking for an automated solution

    I guess I may have to wire a phone line to that location and get
    internet from a local isp

    Thanks again.

    In article <1112975348.794982.256470@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    jkolda@gmail.com says...
    > Subject: Re: Ati TV Wonder Guide+ listing without internet
    > From: "jray75" <jkolda@gmail.com>
    > Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
    >
    > Thank you for the reply,
    >
    > No, my cable is not digital. It is the ol' analog.
    >
    > I know guide+ listings can be pushed out over non-digital cable. It
    > depends on your provider. I have lived in 3 different towns over the
    > last decade and guide+ has worked at all 3 places. Even dating back to
    > the mid 90' prior to digital cable.
    >
    > I am hoping since my guide+ TV and VCRs can get thier listings over
    > analog cable the ATI card can as well.
    >
    > I have this tuner PC set in a storefront display and have no way to get
    > internet to the PC.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can probably download it to a file and then put the disk in the
    tuner PC every week, I'm not familiar with how the ATI software works
    but you could do that with any other PVR app I've used.
    --
    http://www.ramsays-online.com

Tuner Cards TV ATI Graphics