Searching for files through VPN using Windows XP yields no..

If I try to search for files on a mapped network drive through a vpn
using Windows XP SP2 I get "There are no results to display." If I
replace Windows XP SP2 with Windows 2000 searching works normally. I
have tried this with the Microsoft PPTP client, the Cisco VPN Client,
and the Sonicwall Global VPN Client all going to different client's
networks and all have the same results with Windows XP SP2. I have also
tested this with both Windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Anyone else
experiencing this?