Outlook Contacts

May 31, 2004 11:23:22 PM

I've just gotten the IPAQ H5550 and I love it however, I maintain several
Outlook Contact subfolders (personal contacts and contacts for two different
businesses) which don't seem to migrate to my PPC through ActiveSync. Can
anyone tell me if there is a way to get these to migrate so I can take ALL
my contacts with me?

More about : outlook contacts

Anonymous
June 1, 2004 12:39:09 PM

On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:23:22 -0400, "RDeSimone"
<rondesi@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I've just gotten the IPAQ H5550 and I love it however, I maintain several
>Outlook Contact subfolders (personal contacts and contacts for two different
>businesses) which don't seem to migrate to my PPC through ActiveSync. Can
>anyone tell me if there is a way to get these to migrate so I can take ALL
>my contacts with me?

This is not possible with the standard setup. You could look into
using categories. See
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=... for an
article on this subject.

If for one reason or the other you want to keep on using subfolders,
you could try third party sync alternatives like Intellisync from
http://www.pumatech.com, or -if you're not using Outlook 2003- Outlook
Contacts Synchronizer from
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/opcs.aspx .

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

I just categorise all my contacts and keep them in one folder..

it's better that way because some people might be involved in more than one
project, or might be 'friends' but also 'business1' contacts.

!