Hi there,

I have a problem with RD.
My configuration is:
Home Pc: Static IP connected to a LINKSYS switch/ADSL modem with
portforwarding enabled

Work:
1 Linksys Router (with no port forwarding configuration)
1 Server 2000 used as a Firewall. It has 2 network interfaces. It blocks all
packets on the external interface apart from the ones that are allowed (like
port 80,etc) - input filters on the Routing and Remote Access
1 Domain Controller that connects to the internal interface of the firewall
and does DHCP and DNS to the rest of the work pcs

I can not access the home pc from work and I am sure that it has to do with
the work configuration because from my friend's place where there is no
firewall, I can access it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Well, its possible your work network administrators have blocked TCP Port 3389, used by Remote
Desktop, outbound. I suggest you contact them for further information concerning this issue...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)