How to hook up Host and Remote xp

Hello, it is a very simple question that windows likes to explain 20
different ways and I just want one answer that will work. My office computer
is the host, My laptop is the remote. I want to use my office computer
through my laptop at home. The office and my home has DSL, both have XP
Professional. What do I have to do to access my office computer at home?
Thank you very much

Presuming the office PC is running XP Pro you can look at this page for help...

If the office PC is running XP Home or some other flavor of Windows you might look at using UltraVNC
(or some other flavor of VNC)...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

http://www.realvnc.com/faq.html#firewall