Is PC Anywhere better than XP Remote?

IMHO, Remote Desktop is best because its built-into the OS and its *FREE*...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"mfstrnu" <mfstrnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is PC Anywhere better than XP Remote?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:50:04 -0700, "mfstrnu"
<mfstrnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is PC Anywhere better than XP Remote?
Different <G>
IMHO One of the biggest drawbacks with RDC is the 'confusion' caused
on the host that shows a "Login" screen. == Login wars.

A possible solution would be to put up a 'in use by <login id>
remotly, for <elapsed time> instead of the simple 'Login' box.

PCAW does not cure this, but can be configured to let you see the user
screen (activity ?).

, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

Ron

I still stuck with some dos applications, and in dos, PCAnywhere operates
like it's sinking in quicksand. VERY slow. Remote desktop is much quicker.

And, just comparing the speed in windows aps between the 2, I'd still give
the speed advantage to Remote Desktop.

I find Remote Desktop harder to use in transferring files, etc, but maybe
that's because I'm just not as used to it as I am to PCAnywhere, my old
standard for supporting clients.

RD is free with xp pro. PCAnywhere isn't free with anything. Free is good
(all things being equal).

Hang in
ron