Codec Locking up my computer

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have just installed Nero 6.6.0.6 and now when I try to play an MPEG-2
video file it locks up my computer. How can I choose a different codec
to work with my MPEG-2 video files?

marko

Distinguished
May 16, 2004

You should consider that you may have spyware and that its not a Nero
problem unless their troubleshooting database lists it as one. Out of
curiosity, what software are you using to play the MPEG-2 file?

"Dave" <dave@tcon.net> wrote in message
> I have just installed Nero 6.6.0.6 and now when I try to play an MPEG-2
> video file it locks up my computer. How can I choose a different codec
> to work with my MPEG-2 video files?

This happens with certain video card/motherboard combinations.
Are you by any chance using an Nvidia card and an Athlon CPU ?