Codec Locking up my computer

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 9, 2005 12:09:52 PM

I have just installed Nero 6.6.0.6 and now when I try to play an MPEG-2
video file it locks up my computer. How can I choose a different codec
to work with my MPEG-2 video files?

More about : codec locking computer

April 10, 2005 12:35:16 AM

You should consider that you may have spyware and that its not a Nero
problem unless their troubleshooting database lists it as one. Out of
curiosity, what software are you using to play the MPEG-2 file?
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 8:24:51 AM

"Dave" <dave@tcon.net> wrote in message
> I have just installed Nero 6.6.0.6 and now when I try to play an MPEG-2
> video file it locks up my computer. How can I choose a different codec
> to work with my MPEG-2 video files?

This happens with certain video card/motherboard combinations.
Are you by any chance using an Nvidia card and an Athlon CPU ?
!