video editor timeline question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2005 3:06:28 PM

Hi all,
I am looking for a non-linear editor that will permit me to carve up a
large video file into numerous smaller segments, then, FROM THE
TIMELINE or storyboard, render all of the smaller segments into their
own separate files which I could name as I choose, all at once.

All I have been able to find are programs that take what I put in the
timeline and edit them together or that force me to extract a segment,
render individually, extract another, render it, etc. a major time
waster.

I found a cool multi-trim function in a Cyberlink product but it won't
render the multiple segments as separate files.

I'm willing to go quite high end for the right software.
Anyone have any program recommendations for me?

Thanks for your ideas.
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 1:18:04 AM

coche wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am looking for a non-linear editor that will permit me to carve up a
> large video file into numerous smaller segments, then, FROM THE
> TIMELINE or storyboard, render all of the smaller segments into their
> own separate files which I could name as I choose, all at once.
>
> All I have been able to find are programs that take what I put in the
> timeline and edit them together or that force me to extract a segment,
> render individually, extract another, render it, etc. a major time
> waster.
>
> I found a cool multi-trim function in a Cyberlink product but it won't
> render the multiple segments as separate files.
>
> I'm willing to go quite high end for the right software.
> Anyone have any program recommendations for me?
>
> Thanks for your ideas.

Get Sony's Vegas 5 (soon to be 6). Once your clips are on the timeline, you
can define separate "regions" and, with the use of a feature called scripts,
render all of them out in the file format of your choice.
Trial download of Vegas at
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step2.as...

Mike
!