Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

only one user?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:34:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hello!

I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user will
force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still keep user
login?

More about : user

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:17:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:34:03 -0700, "Daivd"
<Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user will
>force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still keep user
>login?
Nope, XP is a 1 user license for 1 or 2 CPU's.
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:50:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Is anyway to keep that user still login? I can remotely show enduser how to
open file, close file...etc. on his xp.


"Steve Urbach" wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:34:03 -0700, "Daivd"
> <Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello!
> >
> >I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user will
> >force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still keep user
> >login?
> Nope, XP is a 1 user license for 1 or 2 CPU's.
> , _
> , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
> , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
> , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
> , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 10:28:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:50:03 -0700, "Daivd"
<Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is anyway to keep that user still login? I can remotely show enduser how to
>open file, close file...etc. on his xp.
>
>
>"Steve Urbach" wrote:
Remote ASSISTANCE under 'All Programs" OR "Help and Support "on the
start menu.
Must be enabled. My Computer | Properties | (on) Remote tab
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:32:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I enable that on both pc but still the same. any ideal?

"Steve Urbach" wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:50:03 -0700, "Daivd"
> <Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is anyway to keep that user still login? I can remotely show enduser how to
> >open file, close file...etc. on his xp.
> >
> >
> >"Steve Urbach" wrote:
> Remote ASSISTANCE under 'All Programs" OR "Help and Support "on the
> start menu.
> Must be enabled. My Computer | Properties | (on) Remote tab
> , _
> , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
> , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
> , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
> , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
>
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:38:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Daivd wrote:
> I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user
> will force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still
> keep user login?

Steve Urbach wrote:
> Nope, XP is a 1 user license for 1 or 2 CPU's.

Daivd wrote:
> Is anyway to keep that user still login? I can remotely show enduser
> how to open file, close file...etc. on his xp.

Steve Urbach wrote:
> Remote ASSISTANCE under 'All Programs" OR "Help and Support "on the
> start menu. Must be enabled. My Computer | Properties | (on) Remote tab

Daivd wrote:
> I enable that on both pc but still the same. any ideal?

Remote Assistance is not the same as Remote Desktop.

Remote Desktop is only available (in as far as the Windows XP Family is
concerned) for the XP Professional series - Windows XP Home Edition does NOT
have Remote Desktop capabilities. Which version of Windows XP do each side
of this equation have?

Remote Assistance requires the person needing the help to request it and
(normally) requires them to be there when the help is provided. They have
to APPROVE of the incoming user.

Remote Desktop is just like sitting in front of the computer in question..
One user at a time and unless you allow people to stare over your shoulder
(even if you do) - only the user actually "using" the pc can see what they
are doing.

From what I am getting out of this conversation (or have tried to
decipher) - the OP wants to assist someone in a way that allows them to
demonstrate and take-over the remote PC - leaving their actions fully
visible to the remote computer user sitting in front of it. This would
require the use of Remote Assistance OR some third party applications like
UltraVNC.

HOW TO: Enable Remote Assistance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305608

Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300546

HOW TO: Obtain Remote Assistance Using Windows Messenger in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306556

UltraVNC
http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
getting into before you jump in with both feet.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 12:49:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:32:13 -0700, "Daivd"
<Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I enable that on both pc but still the same. any ideal?
>
Remote Assistance IS NOT remote desktop. They are different.
The host asks for assistance by using the tool found
under "Help and support" (by email or WM).
The other person opens the message and uses the attachment to initiate
the connection.
I did notice the mouse pointer does not show until I "Take Control" at
the remote.


, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
!