only one user?

Hello!

I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user will
force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still keep user
login?
6 answers Last reply
More about only user

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:34:03 -0700, "Daivd"
    <Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user will
    >force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still keep user
    >login?
    Nope, XP is a 1 user license for 1 or 2 CPU's.
    , _
    , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    Is anyway to keep that user still login? I can remotely show enduser how to
    open file, close file...etc. on his xp.

    "Steve Urbach" wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:34:03 -0700, "Daivd"
    > <Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello!
    > >
    > >I can remote connect to from xp sp2 to xp sp2. But the other xp user will
    > >force to logout. I tried admin or nonadmin user, can't it still keep user
    > >login?
    > Nope, XP is a 1 user license for 1 or 2 CPU's.
    > , _
    > , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    > , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    > , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    > , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:50:03 -0700, "Daivd"
    <Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Is anyway to keep that user still login? I can remotely show enduser how to
    >open file, close file...etc. on his xp.
    >

    >"Steve Urbach" wrote:
    Remote ASSISTANCE under 'All Programs" OR "Help and Support "on the
    start menu.
    Must be enabled. My Computer | Properties | (on) Remote tab
    , _
    , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    I enable that on both pc but still the same. any ideal?

    Daivd wrote:
    > I enable that on both pc but still the same. any ideal?

    Remote Assistance is not the same as Remote Desktop.

    Remote Desktop is only available (in as far as the Windows XP Family is
    concerned) for the XP Professional series - Windows XP Home Edition does NOT
    have Remote Desktop capabilities. Which version of Windows XP do each side
    of this equation have?

    Remote Assistance requires the person needing the help to request it and
    (normally) requires them to be there when the help is provided. They have
    to APPROVE of the incoming user.

    Remote Desktop is just like sitting in front of the computer in question..
    One user at a time and unless you allow people to stare over your shoulder
    (even if you do) - only the user actually "using" the pc can see what they
    are doing.

    From what I am getting out of this conversation (or have tried to
    decipher) - the OP wants to assist someone in a way that allows them to
    demonstrate and take-over the remote PC - leaving their actions fully
    visible to the remote computer user sitting in front of it. This would
    require the use of Remote Assistance OR some third party applications like
    UltraVNC.

    HOW TO: Enable Remote Assistance in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305608

    Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300546

    HOW TO: Obtain Remote Assistance Using Windows Messenger in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306556

    UltraVNC
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:32:13 -0700, "Daivd"
    <Daivd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I enable that on both pc but still the same. any ideal?

    Remote Assistance IS NOT remote desktop. They are different.
    The host asks for assistance by using the tool found
    under "Help and support" (by email or WM).
    The other person opens the message and uses the attachment to initiate
    the connection.
    I did notice the mouse pointer does not show until I "Take Control" at
    the remote.

    , _
    , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    , | )erek No JUNK in my email please