The local policy of this system does not permit you to log..

April 22, 2005 11:59:42 PM

I am trying to connect from an XP Pro client to an XP Pro host using
remote desktop. When I click the Connect button the hosts Login dialog
appears followed by an error dialog containing the message "The local
policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively."

The host is an XP Pro ugrade from Win2k Pro. The account I am logging
on with is a member of two groups, Administrators and Remote Desktop
Users. Both computers are on the same workgroup LAN and I can connect
to the other XP Pro machine on the LAN. The sharing and security model
for local accounts is set to Classic on the host.

Help!

--
_Bill_
April 23, 2005 12:07:43 AM

I spent 45 minutes searching Google for the solution to this. I posted
the question here, tried one more search in Google and the answer was
in the first result I clicked. Newsgroups are great.<g>

--
_Bill_

!