DivX to MPEG2 conversion yields faster playing time :(

According to GSpot, my source DivX file has a running time of 42:29
minutes at 23.97 fps. I then use TMPGEnc to convert the file to "SVCD
NTSC Film" format. The resulting MPEG2 file is also 42:29 minutes
long.

I use Nero Express v6.18 to burn the MPEG2 to a CD. On the "Add
Files..." screen, I choose my MPEG2 file, and Nero correctly detects it
as 42:29 minutes long.

However, when I play the burned SVCD on my NTSC DVD player, the TV
Show's length is shortened to less than 37 minutes! The video isn't
cropped; rather, it may be playing faster than it's supposed to.

Any idea what the source of my problem is? Any advice is appreciated.

On 10 Apr 2005 01:19:17 -0700, mexican_equivalent@yahoo.com wrote:

>According to GSpot, my source DivX file has a running time of 42:29
>minutes at 23.97 fps. I then use TMPGEnc to convert the file to "SVCD
>NTSC Film" format. The resulting MPEG2 file is also 42:29 minutes
>long.
>
>I use Nero Express v6.18 to burn the MPEG2 to a CD. On the "Add
>Files..." screen, I choose my MPEG2 file, and Nero correctly detects it
>as 42:29 minutes long.
>
>However, when I play the burned SVCD on my NTSC DVD player, the TV
>Show's length is shortened to less than 37 minutes! The video isn't
>cropped; rather, it may be playing faster than it's supposed to.
>
>Any idea what the source of my problem is? Any advice is appreciated.
Open the avi and the moeg2 in virtualdubmod and confirm
the frame rate and the total frame count.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS