V600 Reception

Last response: in Network Providers
June 16, 2004 5:54:45 AM

A few days back I purchased a Motorola V600 for myself and two V400s
for my wife and daughter. I like the plan and the features included
with the phone however I am having problems with the reception of the
v600. It seems that both the v400s switch to Cingular Extended much
quicker than the v600 there by improving the quality of the call. Is
there a way to set the v600 to use Cingular extended faster in
marginal areas?

I am about to cancel my Cingular contract becuase my phone is
effectively unusable. At home I have given up on the v600 and resort
to the v400 for calls.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

More about : v600 reception

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 3:22:45 PM

My experience with my users and the V600 is that when they work, they
work GREAT. However if the handset is going to have a problem, it's
never a small one. Replacing the handset for these users has always
done the trick. It's really an all-or-nothing handset.

Mark S. <markhs(removethis)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<6g9vc09m19r12dqgks9ma5e00kctqdt0ls@4ax.com>...
> A few days back I purchased a Motorola V600 for myself and two V400s
> for my wife and daughter. I like the plan and the features included
> with the phone however I am having problems with the reception of the
> v600. It seems that both the v400s switch to Cingular Extended much
> quicker than the v600 there by improving the quality of the call. Is
> there a way to set the v600 to use Cingular extended faster in
> marginal areas?
>
> I am about to cancel my Cingular contract becuase my phone is
> effectively unusable. At home I have given up on the v600 and resort
> to the v400 for calls.
>
> Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
June 16, 2004 5:07:31 PM

Sounds like you have a bad v600. Take it back and get a replacement. We
have one of each and they both get the same excellent reception.

"Mark S." <markhs(removethis)@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> A few days back I purchased a Motorola V600 for myself and two V400s
> for my wife and daughter. I like the plan and the features included
> with the phone however I am having problems with the reception of the
> v600. It seems that both the v400s switch to Cingular Extended much
> quicker than the v600 there by improving the quality of the call. Is
> there a way to set the v600 to use Cingular extended faster in
> marginal areas?
>
> I am about to cancel my Cingular contract becuase my phone is
> effectively unusable. At home I have given up on the v600 and resort
> to the v400 for calls.
>
> Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
June 17, 2004 7:39:52 PM

>Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Buy a v400 for yourself.

--
John S.
June 17, 2004 11:35:33 PM

On 17 Jun 2004 15:39:52 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.)
wrote:

>>Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
>>

>Buy a v400 for yourself.

That is plan B, I took the advise to exchange the v600 and I have
noticed a marked difference in the reception quality. FWIW the
orignal phone didn't appear to be new as some of the packaging and the
manual was opened. I think I got someone elses returned phone.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!
Mark
!