Steam Strike out - What else is there?

Hi Guys,

I am giving up on steam and CS. I have a valid game bought years ago
and ahppily played. Now steam refuses to accept the CD key and treats
me like a pirate.

Shame - its a great game.

So, I uninstalled it tonight (felt like a funeral).

Anyone recommend something else I should try that has the same feel?

Cheers

Mike
Do you have problems with formatting your Word documents?
Try HealthChecK.
Full software on 25 day free trial and the chance to win your own free copy.
http://www.kutchka.com/products/producthealthcheck.asp

"Mike Seddon" <mike.sd@btinternt.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am giving up on steam and CS. I have a valid game bought years ago
> and ahppily played. Now steam refuses to accept the CD key and
treats
> me like a pirate.
>
> Shame - its a great game.
>
> So, I uninstalled it tonight (felt like a funeral).
>
> Anyone recommend something else I should try that has the same feel?

Not much has the same feel but urban terror mod for quake 3 is similar
also true combat for quake 3 If you want a good FPS with a great
community then I recommend Joint operations it's a complete break from
CS but I love it

I like toys and cake wrote:

> "Mike Seddon" <mike.sd@btinternt.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I am giving up on steam and CS. I have a valid game bought years ago
>> and ahppily played. Now steam refuses to accept the CD key and
> treats
>> me like a pirate.
>>
>> Shame - its a great game.
>>
>> So, I uninstalled it tonight (felt like a funeral).
>>
>> Anyone recommend something else I should try that has the same feel?
>>

> Not much has the same feel but urban terror mod for quake 3 is similar
> also true combat for quake 3 If you want a good FPS with a great
> community then I recommend Joint operations it's a complete break from
> CS but I love it

I was just going to say joint ops myself. How is that game progressing? I
might give it a go.

A word of warning to those who use key generators. They work by stealing
valid keys from your machine and making them available to other people.
Some of them also install trojans and other malware.

Not that I am calling the OP a pirate or anything :p

Styvaen.

"Styvaen" <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was just going to say joint ops myself. How is that game
progressing? I
> might give it a go.

Joint ops is great, It's had a couple of patches from it's original
release and is now perfectly stable. The community is great (though
most novalogic games have that). The best thing is that when it goes
dark in real life it goes dark in the game (not new but it looks cool
in joint ops) There is nothing like laying in the reeds by a river at
sunset with a .50 cal sniper rifle and taking a rebel's head clean off
at the neck as he drives his jeep over a bridge. Also flying
helicopters is cool and hovercrafts rock ......and .....ah go play it.

In Romania CS 1.5 is still very popular amongst public servers. Most of the
war servers, though, switched to the 1.6 version and require steam. A lot of
players are very fond of the sometimes usefull bugs of the 1.5 version and
don't even think of switching to 1.6....
--
------

Bram
support@geticasoftware.ro