Final Cut Pro: Can you export video with alpha channel?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Hi,

With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about final export video alpha channel
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    "William.R.Reisen" wrote ...
    > With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?

    What video format supports an alpha channel?
    Using *any* compter/software?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    "William.R.Reisen" <wrreisen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I know in premiere you can. I say this because the trick is to export in QT
    with colors set to "Millions+" (the + is the alpha channel).

    Try it.

    Tom P.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    Some codecs do, some don't. Sorenson, at least the version I have,
    does not.

    In QT, any codec that ENABLES the "millions+" field in, e.g., AE,
    supports alpha channels-- that's what the "+" is. Note that I'm working
    on an Windoze machine.

    > Using *any* compter/software?

    Viewers/users will still have to install/have installed appropriate
    codecs.

    Richard Crowley wrote:

    > "William.R.Reisen" wrote ...
    >
    >> With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?
    >

    > What video format supports an alpha channel?
    > Using *any* compter/software?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    quicktime
    > "William.R.Reisen" wrote ...
    >> With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?
    >
    > What video format supports an alpha channel?
    > Using *any* compter/software?

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics