Final Cut Pro: Can you export video with alpha channel?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 10, 2005 11:00:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Hi,

With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?

Thanks.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 11:24:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

"William.R.Reisen" wrote ...
> With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?

What video format supports an alpha channel?
Using *any* compter/software?
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 2:05:13 PM

"William.R.Reisen" <wrreisen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?
>
> Thanks.

I know in premiere you can. I say this because the trick is to export in QT
with colors set to "Millions+" (the + is the alpha channel).

Try it.

Tom P.
April 10, 2005 4:15:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Some codecs do, some don't. Sorenson, at least the version I have,
does not.

In QT, any codec that ENABLES the "millions+" field in, e.g., AE,
supports alpha channels-- that's what the "+" is. Note that I'm working
on an Windoze machine.

> Using *any* compter/software?

Viewers/users will still have to install/have installed appropriate
codecs.

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "William.R.Reisen" wrote ...
>
>> With Final cut pro can you export video with an alpha channel?
>

> What video format supports an alpha channel?
> Using *any* compter/software?
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 7:27:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

quicktime

!