is this for real?

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1113174194.311654.67720@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> What's your guess? real action or computer generated?
>
> http://movies.collegehumor.com/media/movies/b-ball-e-mail.mov

Could be real action. With no indication of time of day or number of times
a certain shot has been tried before... sure.

Same as trick shots in pool, physics will work no matter what you do. So,
you plan out the shot, try it, note what was deficient, correct the
deficiencies, try shot again.

You try any shot 200 - 300 times and you are bound to get one in.

It's the practical result of "1000 monkeys for 1000 years..."

Tom P.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:32:26 GMT, "Henry Padilla" <padillah@hotmail.com>
wrote:

><casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> What's your guess? real action or computer generated?
>>
>> http://movies.collegehumor.com/media/movies/b-ball-e-mail.mov
>
>Could be real action. With no indication of time of day or number of times
>a certain shot has been tried before... sure.
>
>Same as trick shots in pool, physics will work no matter what you do. So,
>you plan out the shot, try it, note what was deficient, correct the
>deficiencies, try shot again.
>
>You try any shot 200 - 300 times and you are bound to get one in.
>
>It's the practical result of "1000 monkeys for 1000 years..."
>
>Tom P.

Some time ago I saw a video on television of someone shooting baskets
from half-court. The video was uncut and showed continuous action. He
sank 8 in a row.

Gary

On 10 Apr 2005 16:03:14 -0700, casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

>What's your guess? real action or computer generated?
>
>http://movies.collegehumor.com/media/movies/b-ball-e-mail.mov

In the 1960s, in an office tower in central London, we were doing
amazing things with Zectron Superballs, a blackboard, and two office
desks with modesty panels. After several weeks we looked good, but
there are probably dozens of balls still in the heating ducts.

NB the currently-available superballs are not sufficiently Super.

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa@telus.net>
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.

In article <f09l515aolbq8kfosssuf51onv4ato199h@4ax.com>,
wweexxsseessssaa@telus.net says...

> >What's your guess? real action or computer generated?
> >
> >http://movies.collegehumor.com/media/movies/b-ball-e-mail.mov

Do you mean that creepy looking dog? :)
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com