Trouble Mapping Drives over my VPN (but can map to another..

I'm having trouble mapping a network drive over my VPN connection to a
new box I put on my network.

We recently added a Windows XP SP2 box to the network. It's on the
same segment as machines that I can successfully map drives to.

I can Remote Desktop Connect to this machine, I can also ping this
machine. (10.200.1.44)

I usually map a drive to my other machine using the IP address. When I
try to do this to the new machine It says the "network path is not
found".

I did a "net view" and I can see the shares on the 10.200.1.16 box
(which I can successfully map drives to), but on the 10.200.1.44 box I
get "network path not found". This is the box I can't map drives to.
I can however ping and RDC this box. Machines on the network are able
to map to this new machine. I'm just having trouble over my VPN. The
VPN does not have settings specific to machines, so I don't think I'm
missing settings on the Firewall.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Roveer

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble mapping drives another

    I found my problem. I had the windows firewall enabled on the box that
    would not let me map and it was apparently blocking the traffic.
    Disableing it seems to have worked. I'm not too concerned about having
    it off since I have a robust firewall on the network.

vpn Mapping Windows XP