remote desktop connection issues

a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
April 28, 2005 11:37:40 AM

I have a Dell laptop issued by my employer with XP Pro on it. the
machine has an 10/100 CAT5 port on it as well as wireless built in
with an Intel Centrino CPU.

Both the hard-wired LAN port as well as the wireless port are working
fine, however, we can only connect to the laptop via Remote Desktop on
the hard-wired LAN port. When we try to connect via the wireless
connection, the connection starts and then times out.

I am of the opinion that there is some sort of security policy in
place for the wireless connection but have not been able to find it in
either gpedit.msc or in security.msc, nor have I been able to find
anything in the Intel Pro wireless applet that is managing the
wireless adapter.

anyone have any ideas on this? we'd love to be able to connect to the
laptop via the wireless adapter for the obvious reasons.
April 28, 2005 3:12:05 PM

I believe you can turn on Windows firewall (ICF) for different adapters.
Check the advanced tab of the properties on the wireless adapter to see if
Internet Connection Firewall is turned on. If so you will need to open the
RDP port to be able to use Remote Desktop.

HTH

Saeed

!