Internet access on the remote computer

I am making a VPN between two computers using 2 linksys vpn routers. The is
no problem connection to the remote computer using remote desktop. I cannot
make the remote computer access the internet to do downloads for updating
some software. Is it possible to make this work? It looks like a DNS issue
but I am not sure.
If I am remotly connected to the computer and click on Internet Explorer
Icon, it tries to connect but cannot.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet access remote computer

    The remote computer cannot ping anything unless I am directly in front of it
    then there is no problem

    "Robert L [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > can you ping the public IP? if yes, can you ping yahoo.com? this step by step troubleshooting may help, http://www.howtonetworking.com/Internet/internetaccess0.htm
    >
    > Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.
    >
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    > I recommend Brinkster for web hosting!
    >
    > "Helpme" <Helpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0A19178-056B-4E8D-825C-7F8F195290FE@microsoft.com...
    > I am making a VPN between two computers using 2 linksys vpn routers. The is
    > no problem connection to the remote computer using remote desktop. I cannot
    > make the remote computer access the internet to do downloads for updating
    > some software. Is it possible to make this work? It looks like a DNS issue
    > but I am not sure.
    > If I am remotly connected to the computer and click on Internet Explorer
    > Icon, it tries to connect but cannot

Internet Access Computers Windows XP