Best program for fast rending a video?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 13, 2005 4:06:42 AM

I have an mpg video file that I want to use to create a DVD video to
play on a DVD player.
What is the best program to use that is very fast at rending a mpg
video file?
I tried to convert the file to DivX and save it to DVD as my DVD
player can play DivX files but the sound was a few seconds ahead of
the video. I think this maybe due to the video clip being NTSC and
maybe DivX converted it to PAL, or there maybe some other reason.

Hoping for a reply

Regards Brian
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 4:06:43 AM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:06:42 +1200, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>I have an mpg video file that I want to use to create a DVD video to
>play on a DVD player.

What kind of mpeg, size, and resolution? If it's already VCD, SVCD or
DVD compliant, then you only need an authoring program (which are
really very fast). No need to convert to DivX. As a matter of fact, if
your player can cope with DivX, I bet it can also play .mpg files,
without the need to author them first.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 4:06:43 AM

> What is the best program to use that is very fast at rending a mpg
> video file?
Cinema Craft Encoder.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 4:06:44 AM

"David Chien" <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote in message
news:D 3h710$l24$3@news.service.uci.edu...
>> What is the best program to use that is very fast at rending a mpg
>> video file?
> Cinema Craft Encoder.

Did you even read the OP ? Or did you only see the
small part you quoted?

If the ."mpg video file" is DVD compliant then all you need
to do is author it. This will take about 20min for a full DVD.
I like TMPGEnc DVD Author, many like DVDLab. If you
work with unedited video, then many editing packages
include an authoring application/function.

If your .mpg only requires some minor editing then there
are now smart MPEG editing options available. For just
simple cuts and joining (as well as making the .mpg more
DVD compliant) I prefer VideoReDo. There are also
always the Womble MPEG products.

www.pegasys-inc.com
www.mediachance.com
www.VideoReDo.com