Remote Desktop

From time to time I manage to disable my remote desktop capabilities.
The last time my ip address changed I was no longer able to reach my main
machine remotely. While I was looking at this I decided to change my
settings to auto ip and dns on all 3 of my machines. It still is not
working. I use ZoneAlarm freebee and it typically has not caused a problem
nor does it indicate one now.

I don't remember if my machines necessarily have to be set to a static in
network ip address.

Any other ideas?

--
Sussertown

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop

    >"Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >From time to time I manage to disable my remote desktop capabilities.
    >The last time my ip address changed I was no longer able to reach my main
    >machine remotely. While I was looking at this I decided to change my
    >settings to auto ip and dns on all 3 of my machines. It still is not
    >working. I use ZoneAlarm freebee and it typically has not caused a problem
    >nor does it indicate one now.
    >
    >I don't remember if my machines necessarily have to be set to a static in
    >network ip address.
    >
    >Any other ideas?

    if you are trying to reach machines inside of ZoneAlarm from the
    internet, a port will have to be forwarded to the machine running
    behind ZoneAlarm.

    the port that Remote Desktop typically uses is 3389

Remote Desktop IP Address Windows XP