Connect WinXP Pro to Win2000

Can a machine running Windows XP Pro connect to a Windows 2000 Machine? If
so what has to be installed/configured on the Windows 2000 machine to accept
incoming connections? I would like to use Terminal Services or Remote
Desktop for this connection. I do not want to use VNC or PC anywhere for this.
3 answers Last reply
More about connect winxp win2000

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q233175&

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jim" wrote:
    | Can a machine running Windows XP Pro connect to a Windows 2000 Machine?
    If
    | so what has to be installed/configured on the Windows 2000 machine to
    accept
    | incoming connections? I would like to use Terminal Services or Remote
    | Desktop for this connection. I do not want to use VNC or PC anywhere for
    this.

    Dave,

    Your awsome! Thanks.

    Jim

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q233175&
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Jim" wrote:
    > | Can a machine running Windows XP Pro connect to a Windows 2000 Machine?
    > If
    > | so what has to be installed/configured on the Windows 2000 machine to
    > accept
    > | incoming connections? I would like to use Terminal Services or Remote
    > | Desktop for this connection. I do not want to use VNC or PC anywhere for
    > this.

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Jim" wrote: